Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Those nice shelves are looking fuller :)

I've never quite got why 'Glass Bead Games' has the reputation it has.  I have tried to re-evaluate it so many times but to no avail. Maybe I need this edition rather than the Charly CD

I much prefer 'Clifford Jordan In The World'

Same here ! 

My favourite Cliff Jordan of the 70´s are those with Cedar Walton´s Magic Triangle, mostly the live recordings. That fantastic version of "St. Thomas" "I Should Care" etc... 

I have the GBG in the Mosaic Box of the Strata East material. Somehow, the late 60´s tracks with different musicians like Cecil Payne, Wynton Kelly, Kenny Dorham, Wilbur Ware let me think about some difficult periods for former bop and hardbop musicians who sure had seen better times in their lives. 

I mostly bought it for the "Rhythm X " since I heard this at a friends place when I was a teenager and it took me time until the Mosaic Release to get it for myself. So I bought it mostly for that album and the percussion stuff with Ed Blackwell. 

714-B814-F-0996-405-F-BE9-A-BFA3663698-C

The Acoustic Sounds series version. I already had the Impulse digipack cd but Coltrane is my absolute here, even more than Mal. So I had to pick this one up. Unfortunately these releases are (to) expensive.

But the sound…. It’s indescribable! I ain’t no audiophile nor am I a religious/spiritual person but to hear Wise One like this almost is like a spiritual experience. It’s like Trane is playing right here in my room. Fantastic reissue.

14 hours ago, porcy62 said:

in 1961 I was in my parents wish, not yet on this earth :)

We clearly have a range of generations on this board!

In 1961 I gained a degree, had four different girlfriends and went to a concert that starred the Jazz Messengers and the Thelonious Monk Quartet! :crazy:

10 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I have the German version as well, and it sounds very good. This is my favorite among Elvin's Blue Notes. 

Now playing:

ZWc.jpeg

A bit of a curiosity, which I am not pulling out that often. 

I have a copy of that Feldman on Pacific Jazz as well - will see if I can find it, along with the copy of that Venezuelan curio he did.

11 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

I should listen to them all again, don't know wich one would be my fave now, my taste changed in the years.

Dipping into the Mosaic Box is a good option, if you have it. Personal preference would probably be ‘Genesis’ but they are all great. I also have a great liking for ‘At This Point In Time’ and that Lee Morgan session on ‘Prime Element’.

Over here in Southern England we have been battered by very severe Atlantic storms, the worst in at least 30 years. So - a great opportunity for jazz vinyl listening this weekend, assuming your local electricity supplies aren’t cut off. :D  Sadly, I don’t have fall back option of wind up gramophone. At the moment, I seem to be in a healthy area amongst a sea of outages, like quite a bit of the South.

Italy sounding good at the moment. :D

Edited by sidewinder

A couple of items from my Hiroshi Tanno library, in remembrance.

cGVn.jpeg

Toshiba with OBI. In immaculate condition as always and sounding great. Bonus voucher on the OBI to get Reuben Wilson ‘Love Bug’ !

I have a Liberty if this one and can’t recall it ever sounding so good. Will have to check.

51fE1r0KVvL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Another Toshiba - no OBI but again, immaculate.

Edited by sidewinder