• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got the rainbow pressing, too (the Daniel A version). I remember the Conn CD had the track order mixed up; is that the case on the Conn LP also?

The King looks cool, though I've never seen one offered for sale. The only one of those I've successfully scored was the Andrew Hill, which is cool-looking but ultimately mediocre.

I think the titles are correct on the LP. If I remember correctly the tracks from side 2 of the LP were mistakenly placed at the beginning of the Connoisseur CD, but with the titles from side 1.

The picture of the Japanese cover above is from a online shop offering the album for 30 Swiss francs, actually - around $25. But don't worry, it's a scam. I tried mailing them today, but the mail bounced back. And the check-out of the web shop didn't work. Maybe they went out of business long ago. They once had some interesting stuff, anyway.

Web shop link, but: Warning - it doesn't exist!!!

EDIT: Clifford, I now realized you were talking about the Connoisseur LP. I believe it suffered from the same mix-up.

Edited by Daniel A

The only one of those I've successfully scored was the Andrew Hill, which is cool-looking but ultimately mediocre.

What, 'Dance With Death'? :huh:

Oops, I sometimes let my feelings of Hill's overratedness slip out... sorry!

I wish I had some other King LPs to balance it out, but I keep getting outbid on Poppin'.

The only one of those I've successfully scored was the Andrew Hill, which is cool-looking but ultimately mediocre.

What, 'Dance With Death'? :huh:

Oops, I sometimes let my feelings of Hill's overratedness slip out... sorry!

I wish I had some other King LPs to balance it out, but I keep getting outbid on Poppin'.

No problem ! :cool:

I have the King 'Dance With Death' and a few of the others ('Hypnosis', 'Sonic Boom', 'Tippin The Scales', the two Bobby Hutchersons ('Oblique'/'Inner Glow') and a couple of the Grant Greens). I'm a big fan re: the sound of this series and the cover art.

Don't have the 'Poppin' but it's on the Mobley Mosaic set I think.

Edited by sidewinder