• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really, really fucked up not buying the International Polydor issue of that thing for $10 in about 1997. I haven't seen it for that price since! Great record, of course...

If you're speaking of the Tolliver lp, I just picked it up for $6.00!

if not,

nevermind. :w

Next up?

Spirit Sensitive - Chico Freeman (Analogue Productions)

Edited by six string

I really, really fucked up not buying the International Polydor issue of that thing for $10 in about 1997. I haven't seen it for that price since! Great record, of course...

if not,

Seems about right for the Arista pressing.

The last time I saw the original Polydor, it was "add a zero to the $10 price..."

if not,

The last time I saw the original Polydor, it was "add a zero to the $10 price..."

Does the Polydor have better sound or does it fetch that price because it's the original release??

Real tenor players as sidemen

Milt Buckner, Arnett Cobb & Eddie Chamblee - Midnight slows vol 6 - Black & Blue orig

Kenny Burrell - Midnight blue - Blue Note Liberty (with Stanley Turrentine)

Paul Bryant - Somethin's happenin' - Fantasy Vocalion UK issue mono (with Plas Johnson) (astounding that this was actually issued in Britain in 1964)

MG

if not,

Does the Polydor have better sound or does it fetch that price because it's the original release??

Probably the latter, though I am not sure. It's scarce in any event.

I'll add that when I upgraded from the Dave Burrell Arista to the Douglas original (w/o extra tracks, mind you), the sound was fuller and more dynamic than the Arista-Freedom. With respect to the Cecil Nefertiti twofer, I have a 70s Fantasy blue-label issue and the Dutch Fontana. The Fontana sounds fantastic; the fantasy less so. The quality of the vinyl is pretty different between those two.

Edited by clifford_thornton