Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some Christmas vinyl

Rev Cleophus Robinson - Christmas carols and good gospel - Peacock orig (just the carols' side)

and some 45s

Lowell Fulson - Lonesome Christmas pts 1 & 2 - Swingtime (Hollywood reissue)

The Three Blazers - Merry Christmas baby/Lloyd Glenn - Sleigh bells - Exclusive (Hollywood reissue)

Charles Brown - It's Christmas time/Christmas finds me lonely wanting you - King orig

Charles Brown - Please come home for Christmas/Amos Milburn - Christms (comes but once a year) - King orig

Charles Brown - Merry Christmas baby/Please come home for Christmas - Jewel ('60s rerecordings)

MG

Don Patterson - Holiday Soul (mysteriously this was on my doorstep this evening - on a Sunday! Santa at work early .....

I'm afraid this replaced Vince Guaraldi's disc as my # 1 Xmas album .... and my wife likes it, too! A mono copy, but in surprisingly good condition. I have been looking for this for so many years - what a nice Xmas surprise. The ebay seller even enclosed a self-made Xmas compilation, very nice!

Jim Alfredson, you have this? If not - I will CDR this soon ..... it has the cutest version of Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer I have ever heard:

post-12-1198436136_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikeweil

Introducing the Duke Pearson Big Band (Blue Note, black and blue Liberty, Van Gelder)

Brother Jack McDuff and the Benny Golson Orchestra, Prelude (Prestige Blue label)

How is Prelude? There's a copy in one of my locals that is going for a reasonable price.

The title track is fairly portentous, but I quite like it. The rest of the album swings very nicely. Not my favourite McDuff by a long chalk (but I have so many), but one I always listen to with great enjoyment.

MG

MG

Introducing the Duke Pearson Big Band (Blue Note, black and blue Liberty, Van Gelder)

Brother Jack McDuff and the Benny Golson Orchestra, Prelude (Prestige Blue label)

How is Prelude? There's a copy in one of my locals that is going for a reasonable price.

The title track is fairly portentous, but I quite like it. The rest of the album swings very nicely. Not my favourite McDuff by a long chalk (but I have so many), but one I always listen to with great enjoyment.

MG

MG

I was actually listening to this for the first time, as I recently found a nice copy. Put on a Happy Face made me chuckle. I liked the title cut best on the first side.

Edited by kh1958

Maynard Parker - Midnight rider - Prestige orig

Groove Holmes - Star wars/Close encounters - Versatile orig

James Brown - Sho is funky down here [yes, it is rather] - Polydor reissue

MG

the maynard parker one is a overlooked great groovy jazz album.

you get it for about 20 $ or less and it is much better than a lot of those

rare groove jazz funk lps you pay up to 100 US$.

Maynard Parker - Midnight rider - Prestige orig

the maynard parker one is a overlooked great groovy jazz album.

you get it for about 20 $ or less and it is much better than a lot of those

rare groove jazz funk lps you pay up to 100 US$.

Indeed it is severely overlooked. But I've never paid more than about $50 for an LP (and only once), so I wouldn't know how much better it is :)

MG Cheapskate

Earlier today, I listened to my newie

00-0001-0958.jpg

Yellow label, mono, plays fine. Thirteen quid inc postage from Da Barstids.

I think this is the only non-trio album John Wright recorded for Prestige. Eddy Williams is on tenor and he's a good man who was recorded far too seldom - a couple of times with Bennie Green for Blue Note and, it sez 'ere, with the Bobby Bryant big band (I assume on Vee-Jay, but I've never seen that album).

Most enjoyable album!

MG