Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

d38940my5d8.jpg

Riverside, Victor Japan pressing. Wes with one half of the then-Miles Davis Sextet-- Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers, Jimmy Cobb, and with Johnny Griffin.

g20037gux2w.jpg

Another Riverside Victor Japan. With Paul Chambers and Jimmy Cobb, as well as Nat Adderley, Bobby Jaspar, Benny Golson.

c97894313j5.jpg

Columbia CS 8048.

And, my vinyl contribution to the "Counter-Inaugural"--

f64747ygdoi.jpg

Impulse AS-9183

Edited by Leeway

f64747ygdoi.jpg

Impulse AS-9183

Good Idea!

I will spin THE BALLAD OF THE FALLEN ;)

Thanks Porcy-- I'm thinking more along the lines of "Song of the United Front" ;)

BTW, this is a wonderful album, full of passion, politics and musical creativity.

0f_1_b.JPG

Blue Note Gems of Jazz

BST-82001. A compendium of fine earlier performances, from between 1948-1953. One that jumped out at me this time was James Moody and His Modernists (I believe from an album of the same name, BN 5006), with Chano Pozo, "Tin Tin Deo." Pozo really knocked me out. Is this Moody album available on CD?

f64747ygdoi.jpg

Impulse AS-9183

Good Idea!

I will spin THE BALLAD OF THE FALLEN ;)

Thanks Porcy-- I'm thinking more along the lines of "Song of the United Front" ;)

BTW, this is a wonderful album, full of passion, politics and musical creativity.

I love C. Haden! His liners notes in "LMO" impressed me from the first time (apart the music, obviously): "When I read of Dr. Ernesto Che Guevara's death..." That "Dr." showed an uncoventional respect for a man like "el Che".

But this is a nostalgic confession of an old commies...Let's talk about music!

BST-82001.  A compendium of fine earlier performances, from between 1948-1953.  One that jumped out at me this time was James Moody and His Modernists (I believe from an album of the same name, BN 5006), with Chano Pozo,  "Tin Tin Deo."  Pozo really knocked me out.  Is this Moody album available on CD?

There was a Japanese BN CD 'New Sounds of Art Blakey & James Moody' from 1990 that had all nine sides that James Moody recorded for BN in October 1948.

Ron McMaster made the digital transfers.

Ed. add:

see now that this is being discussed on the Discography forum!

Edited by brownie

BST-82001.  A compendium of fine earlier performances, from between 1948-1953.  One that jumped out at me this time was James Moody and His Modernists (I believe from an album of the same name, BN 5006), with Chano Pozo,  "Tin Tin Deo."  Pozo really knocked me out.  Is this Moody album available on CD?

There was a Japanese BN CD 'New Sounds of Art Blakey & James Moody' from 1990 that had all nine sides that James Moody recorded for BN in October 1948.

Ron McMaster made the digital transfers.

Ed. add:

see now that this is being discussed on the Discography forum!

Thanks Brownie for the info. Yes, I moved the question to the Discog thread. I figured, why am I asking about a CD issue in the Vinyl thread, for goodness sake? B-) I'd like to get the vinyl of course, but I figure my chances for finding a decent copy on vinyl are pretty slim (although I should check around).