• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just found at the local shop the Angel box set of Schnabel playing Beethoven's sonatas, the booklet was missing, but the records were ultra mint and the price excellent, so I had to buy it. :cool:

Now I am listening to them. The transfert is good, the music is just astounding. People were right, Schanbel is the Thing.

Just found at the local shop the Angel box set of Schnabel playing Beethoven's sonatas, the booklet was missing, but the records were ultra mint and the price excellent, so I had to buy it. :cool:

Now I am listening to them. The transfert is good, the music is just astounding. People were right, Schanbel is the Thing.

I agree. I've had that box since 1968. If you can find the book (it's a great 52 page "tome") you will be happy. I now listen to the music on cd (for convenience) but still pull out the book for reference.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

I agree. I've had that box since 1968. If you can find the book (it's a great 52 page "tome") you will be happy. I now listen to the music on cd (for convenience) but still pull out the book for reference.

Would that be these recordings? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000002S29/

Allan Jaffe - Soundscape - (Kromel)

w/ James Newton, Ray Anderson, Anthony Davis, Rick Rozie, Pheeroan Ak Laff and Gerry Hemingway

I found a copy of this in a local shop years ago. Cover is badly water damaged but the disc is fine. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I'd hoped considering the line up. Maybe time for a replay?

Allan Jaffe - Soundscape - (Kromel)

w/ James Newton, Ray Anderson, Anthony Davis, Rick Rozie, Pheeroan Ak Laff and Gerry Hemingway

I found a copy of this in a local shop years ago. Cover is badly water damaged but the disc is fine. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I'd hoped considering the line up. Maybe time for a replay?

It's not earth-shattering but it is good.