• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any thoughts on if this is a first pressing? Everything is as it should be, but there is no deepgroove on the label. This is late in the yellow/black label era, just before it switched to blue, and I'm not sure when the deepgroove stopped.

I also have a needledrop of it on my blog:

http://www.timenjoysrecords.com/records/eric-dolphy-at-the-five-spot-vol-2

DSC01423-1.jpg

DSC01424-1.jpg

Edited by vinyltim

Any thoughts on if this is a first pressing? Everything is as it should be, but there is no deepgroove on the label. This is late in the yellow/black label era, just before it switched to blue, and I'm not sure when the deepgroove stopped.

DSC01423-1.jpg

DSC01424-1.jpg

I know the copy I have of that Vol. 2 is a first pressing (bought directly from Prestige as soon as it was released). It looks like yours. No real deepgroove, cover photo is slightly darker. Dead wax includes VanGelder stamp plus the following indications NJLP 8288 (A/B) and PRLP 7294 (A/B).

duke03.jpg

Duke of Iron - Trinidad's Greatest Calypso Singer (Monogram 10") The picture is of the Virgin Isle Supertone issue; the Monogram is the same design in green instead of blue. "Tick, Tick, Tick" and "Constance" made me a happy boy. "Constance" describes a race the Duke had with the girl of that name; she won, because she gets faster when the track gets wet.

DSC01423-1.jpg

DSC01424-1.jpg

I know the copy I have of that Vol. 2 is a first pressing (bought directly from Prestige as soon as it was released). It looks like yours. No real deepgroove, cover photo is slightly darker. Dead wax includes VanGelder stamp plus the following indications NJLP 8288 (A/B) and PRLP 7294 (A/B).

allow this learning neophyte a question: isn't that a deepgroove right there in the small black "ring"?

well, "ring"... the area between the inner yellow circle and the LONG PLAYING MICROGROOVE yellow area at the bottom...