What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Finishnig my personal Kirk-a-thon with

39422.jpg1227074787_xtycn.jpg

Uk Mercury mono. UK HMV mono.

That album w/Golson is on my short list of albums to own. It's the only RRK album I don't have on vinyl (or cd for that matter). Is that the same cover as the U.S. issued lp? I've never seen it so I have no idea. I like it though. The Haynes album I'm well acquainted with though I don't have it on vinyl either.

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finishnig my personal Kirk-a-thon with

39422.jpg1227074787_xtycn.jpg

Uk Mercury mono. UK HMV mono.

That album w/Golson is on my short list of albums to own. It's the only RRK album I don't have on vinyl (or cd for that matter). Is that the same cover as the U.S. issued lp? I've never seen it so I have no idea. I like it though. The Haynes album I'm well acquainted with though I don't have it on vinyl either.

The photo of the Kirk-Golson LP is the version that I have on LP. I think it is the original U.S. issue.

front1911.jpg

Steve Lacy - Clinkers (Hat Hut). Bought, with great excitement, at the time (1978). There are later Lacy solo albums I now prefer, but this holds up very well. Inside the cover is the one-page Hat catalog of the time, with releases A through J - I guess they didn't forsee more than 26 albums.

Jeff, do you remember how much it cost? I'd be curious.

Colin, I don't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday!

Seriously, I don't think it was that expensive - maybe a dollar or two more than the standard record at the time. There's a New York address on the back, along with the Swiss address, so they had a U.S. distributor. I'm not even sure where I got it; I must have either special-ordered it from a record store in Athens, Georgia (where I was living at the time) or ordered it from the Saxophone Sheet - the little magazine which later became the Saxophone Journal. They sold some pretty interesting avant-garde saxophone records back then.