Happy Birthday Larry Kart!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
5 hours ago, Clunky said:

Happy Birthday.................we need another book btw

I have one in mind but very vaguely in mind. If it happens, it will be a series of real-life tales, with some names altered (and some circumstances might need to be slightly disguised) -- most of them (i.e. the tales) about how musicians and non-musicians/fans relate to the music and to each other, all of the tales taking off from things I witnessed/participated in. Some of the tales will be amusing, I hope, others on the sad and/or strange side. Don't know if I have enough material (some of it has to do with musicians we all know -- e.g. Thad Jones, Coleman Hawkins -- some with musicians or fans no one or almost no one knows. And while I'm pretty certain I can deal with writing about things that might be embarrassing to myself, I'm not at all sure how, in a few cases, to deal with my wish not to embarrass more or less innocent others and still leave enough meat on the bone. If, say, Stanley Crouch is a target in passing, OK, but I don't want to make a friend who goes back to junior-high days feel bad, even though the pieces of his behavior that I have in mind are at the center of one of the better, more peculiar and, I think, more revealing tales I want to tell.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...