Top 10 Posters

Man, I don't know if this is a conscious race or what, but we've got an interesting three way battle between Africabrass, Jazzmoose, and Rooster Ties for top postees.

If there is any competition here, we know that it is friendly and harmless. My money is probably on Rooster: he is simply a MACHINE when it comes to posting stuff. ;)

I figure Rooster Ties will pass me by Monday.

He is a posting MONSTER.

I wish my posts were as good as his, he's become a real asset to this board.

Jazzmoose and I have been dueling for a while, but he'll probably pass me soon also.

I LOVE the Organissimo forum. It really is a nice place to hang out.

:D

Thanks connoisseur!

(Hey, this adds another post for me, too) ;)

:g

This just occurred to me. I think as a group, more of us know how to spell the word "connoisseur" than most groups. Truth be told, it took me forever to finally remember how to spell it right, but I got tired of looking it up everytime I tried to post something about the connoisseur series.

:P

Edited by AfricaBrass

I'll let you all in on a little secret. Every time you edit a post, and hit the submit button to make a change - the "total posts" counter gets bumped up. I'm a compulsive editor, so although I have 500+ posts credited to me in the official totals, I probably only have 200 actual posts, maybe 300 tops.

But yeah, I do really like this place. All the stuff I like, and minimal BS, so the signal-to-noise-ratio is very good. :)

PS: And some of my big posts I'll edit 5 or 10 times - like the ones I usually do to start new threads, or polls (my favorite!!).

Edited by Rooster_Ties

There's nothing to adding polls, they're just as easy as adding new threads, almost.

Just look for the "NEW POLL" button, right next to the "NEW TOPIC" button, after you get into a particular forum area (like "Artists", or "Audio Talk").

Then, when you hit the "NEW POLL" button, there will be two extra fields you normally don't see when you add just a new topic. They are: "Poll Question" and "Poll Choices". (Plus the usual "Topic Title", "Topic Description", and the area for the first post content.)

The "Poll Question" can be pretty long, it seems. Not sure how long, but longer than the main topic title and subtitle.

Then the "Poll Choices" works just like the screen instructions say...

Poll Choices

Please put one answer per line.

[ Maximum 10 answers ]

So you just type each poll response into the window, separating each poll choice item with a carriage return. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE POLL QUESTION AND POLL CHOICES RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, since there is no way to go back and edit them after you create the poll.

Also, you CAN have pretty long poll choices, meaning they can run on and on across multiple lines - as long as you don't type a carriage return anywhere inside a line.

And, warning, you CANNOT have any of the bold, itallic, underline, font, size, or color changes within the poll choices. Raw text only.

Conn500 - just head over to the "Organissimo - Forum Discussion" forum right now, and create some bogus poll ("What's your favorite color??"), just to test it out.

Hey Rooster,

I tried to create a poll and I get the error message: "A poll is a choice.  1 choice is not a poll." 

Obviously, I just can't get it.

You must have only entered one item in the "Poll Choices" area...

Poll Question:

What's your favorite color???

Poll Choices:

Red<cr>

Blue<cr>

Green<cr>

Black<cr>

White<cr>

My guess is that you only had one thing (one "choice") in your poll, hence the error you got. Try again!!! :)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Latest update:

Moose has woken up and is posting all over the place.

Rooster has let out his strategy of editing-for-numbers.

Africabrass has been silent, but will no doubt reenter the fray at the earliest opportunity.

:D

My guess is that when we wake up tomorrow, Africabrass will have posted about seventy polls, giving him a renewed cushion! :lol:

Don't mean to get all smarmy here, but all three of you are terrific assets to this board.

That was cool to read, connoisseur, but I'm not kidding myself. I post a lot because I run my mouth a lot, and I'm sure everyone has noticed that I post more in non-jazz areas (like the political area) than the jazz areas. I'm just glad that this board tolerates my babbling...it gives me something to do here while I'm learning from the real jazzaholics!