Candidate Cities to host 2012 Olympic Games

Choose your favorite!!!  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hope that it's not going to be Paris! The Olympic Games are a pain for the locals who are

not involved with them.

Besides by 2012, I will be a retired journalist and I plan to watch those Games on TV.

I have covered practically all those Olympics since the infamous Munich ones in 1972 and worked

at all of them. Involved with photos and been confined to the Press Centers and did

not manage to watch a single event of some of the greatest Olympics ever.

Plan to change this from now on.

Understand Madrid is a very serious contender and their project impressed the Olympic officials.

I'm with EKE BBB on this one!

Understand Madrid is a very serious contender and their project impressed the Olympic officials.

I'm with EKE BBB on this one!

I voted for Madrid, but have mixed feelings on this.

Being a great sports aficionado, having the Olympic Games here would be a great opportunity to see BIG events live. Besides this, all infrastructures would supposedly get better, and base sport would be relaunched here. Not sure these two things are going to happen.

And I´m with you, brownie: the previous three or four years would be a real pain in the ass. The town would be turned upside down... even more than we´re used to!

Edited by EKE BBB

Besides by 2012, I will be a retired journalist and I plan to watch those Games on TV.

I have covered practically all those Olympics

So you'll be in Beijing in '08? I'll be there.....will you be bringing the cigars and Armagnac? ;)

I'll be a happy retiree in 2008.

If you want cigars and Armagnac, you'll have to come to Paris to get them.

Weren't you supposed to come over this month??

Your good friend Bush is coming to Normandy on June 6. I will be there, too.

But no cigars for him and no Armagnac (or Calvados) for him...

Edited by brownie

Brownie, we're gonna be playing hot potato with this one & Brother Sangrey better watch it or I'm gonna nominate McKinney or Frisco. F-U-C-K N-Y-C 2012... there has been nothing more fatuous than the provincial dick & flag waving associated w/a few real estate interests push for this nonsense. Not only are the Olympics a pain in the ass for locals, they do NOT make $$$. But oh, the chance to associate w/"sport" seems to be THEE aphrodhisiac... so much "sexier" than cleaner air, parks, libraries, the arts, etc. Not to mention the sickening corruption of the IOC... the Olympic ideal was perhaps a once noble thing but it's long over.

If Madrid or London REALLY want it for the (phony) prestige then please let 'em have it. (Forget Moscow tho' the Russian mafiya angle would be pretty exciting to follow.)

(I love Le Tour too much to bring France into this; no need for distraction for what's already one the world's greatest sporting event.)

George Perec Lives,

clem

Clem, I'm with you all the way... to the Tour de France (although I have reservations about the

quantity of drug-related substances that go with the race nowadays).

And Georges Perec not only Lives, he Rules!

Anyplace BUT NYC. I live there, and I don't want 'em. The Olympics that were held in Atlanta wound up costing the city about $1Billion! We have enough budget problems in NYC without spending mass amounts of $ building facilities and providing security for dopers. We have enough dopers here already. :wacko:

Moscow.

>> Cuz I really don't wanna hear all the bitching here in the U.S. if France gets it.

>> And Spain had it 1992, so they don't need it again so soon.

>> And frankly, I don't think the U.S. or Great Britain deserve it (for reasons I won't get into in a non-political forum).

So, then, what does that leave?? Russia!!

Just hope that it's not going to be Paris! The Olympic Games are a pain for the locals who are

not involved with them.

Whoops! Sorry. Can I change my vote? :D

BTW, why don't we just get rid of the Olympics entirely? They're a huge pain in the ass, the olympic commitee is corrupt as hell, the althletes are all drugged up so it's a joke...who needs it?

Brownie don't be mad but I voted for Paris because I dearly would love to go there.

However I can empathize with you to a small extent. Every 4th of July week and weekend a carnival comes to Pagosa and the sob is set up on the block where I live and on that week I am not a happy camper.

Brownie don't be mad but I voted for Paris because I dearly would love to go there.

However I can empathize with you to a small extent. Every 4th of July week and weekend a carnival comes to Pagosa and the sob is set up on the block where I live and on that week I am not a happy camper.

Chris, you don't have to wait for Olympics to come to Paris.

And believe me, the city is much more fun without the chaos the Olympics are bound to generate!

Chris, you don't have to wait for Olympics to come to Paris.

And believe me, the city is much more fun without the chaos the Olympics are bound to generate!

I'll keep that in mind Brownie. :D