Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jazz Crusaders disc#4

Waiting for that one to be delivered... has the new outsources mailing created longer delivery times? I guess so... not complaining yet, as I'm getting this sent with reduced shipping costs from the last offer they had going on. But the two previous orders since they changed their system took an eternity to get here, too!

• 2 weeks later...

The Complete Master Jazz Piano Series

A great set of solo piano with a whole cd of superb Earl Hines; a special revelation for me were the four tracks by Cliff Smalls on disc three (mainly because I was not that familiar with him before). Does anyone know of any other albums by Cliff Smalls as a leader or sideman?

Does anyone know of any other albums by Cliff Smalls as a leader or sideman?

Black and Blue had Cliff Smalls lead a very good trio date (with Leonard Gaskin and Oliver Jackson) in 1979

41TEBFH5ZTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Smalls also played with Earl Bostic (he was on the session that produced 'Flamingo') and Bennie Green ('Blows his Horn' and 'Bennie Green & Art Farmer' on Prestige) among other dates.

Now listening to:

Th Carmell Jones Select, disc 3

Does anyone know of any other albums by Cliff Smalls as a leader or sideman?

Black and Blue had Cliff Smalls lead a very good trio date (with Leonard Gaskin and Oliver Jackson) in 1979

41TEBFH5ZTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Smalls also played with Earl Bostic (he was on the session that produced 'Flamingo') and Bennie Green ('Blows his Horn' and 'Bennie Green & Art Farmer' on Prestige) among other dates.

Now listening to:

Th Carmell Jones Select, disc 3

Merci beaucoup!

The Complete Dean Benedetti Recordings of Charlie Parker. I did not expect this set to be this good, great solos, and the sound is much better than I expected. Completely, totally, and without reservation, love this one.

129.jpg

Edit: to add the word not

Edited by Matthew

The Complete Dean Benedetti Recordings of Charlie Parker. I did not expect this set to be this good, great solos, and the sound is much better than I expected. Completely, totally, and without reservation, love this one.

129.jpg

Edit: to add the word not

Disk two this morning. As I mentioned, sound is much better than I expected. It's kind of hypnotic, one Bird solo after another.