Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently listening to the Coleman Hawkins box, Disc 1.

The sound quality really is amazing. I compared the sound on some of the tracks that also appear on a Naxos compilation that i have. For me, noticeable noise reduction by whatever means, while less than ideal, has never really bothered me that much, but man, my eyes have been opened with this set. It's like night and day.

disc 5 of the Hackett

Mines now on its way, glad to say. Along with a Zeitlin, Handy, George Wein, Herman Columbia and a few of the vinyls.. :)

Big order!!!

Yeah - in mid-Atlantic transit as we speak and hopefully here for Easter. The vinyls by the way are the RR Kirk, Brown/Roach, Ella/Duke and the Monk 'It Club'. It was about time I put in another order with Mosaic and the 10% off on the vinyl covered the mail. :)

Louis Armstrong All Stars Decca Studio - CD1. My latest Mosaic..

151080280226.jpg

I had high expectations for this one and it has already surpassed them. :tup

Edited by sidewinder

Crossing my fingers that all goes well - as it did with my order (tracking was slow, just in case ... only three days or so after Mosaic sent me the confirmation could I see anything under the link provided - but once it was actually under way, it took a mere three or four days to arrive!)

That's also pretty well my experience - nothing on the tracking for several days until it got to US point of departure and from then on it was almost like having a GPS fix on the thing !

Edited by sidewinder

Classic Capitol Jazz Sessions------disc 2

I'd forgotten how good this set was as I've not reached for it in a while, Eddie Miller sounding very good indeed. Great sound , Capitol 78s seem to be way better than any other jazz labels of that time in my experience.

Edited by Clunky