Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R-4049283-1389490701-7448.jpeg.jpg

Consistently swinging music worthy of enjoyment at any time, place, and/or occasion. But the only two people on these 3 discs who consistently get me out of the occasion and into the musical moment are Jimmy Giuffre & Jim Hall. That's no surprise, they've been doing that to me for years now.

Brookmeyer's original liner notes, though....knowing him today as he would become known, they're sometimes..."hmmmm…"-ish. But that has no bearing on the music, especially if you only look at them once! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 7:28 PM, ghost of miles said:

Disc 7, for some much-needed Prez this evening:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZ9L2P2fdz_0ZTxiC6cjb

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday; only through Disc 1 thus far.

Chose the Media Mail shipping option given the Postal Service needs the support just as much as Mosaic does. 

15 minutes ago, Clunky said:

I’m must play this one. Picked up the LP for tuppence and perhaps as a result have hardly played it. Btw tuppence = £25 (in this case)...

The sound of some of those sessions (Birdland in particular) is phenomenal. Further helped by Malcolm Addey’s mastering - wonderful set.

I picked up the CD version for four pence under your units about a decade ago ! Don’t play it anywhere near enough. That will change !

Edited by sidewinder