Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently got on eBay the 3 early Blue Note sessions shown below for very reasonable/low prices, and they arrived today.

I have some of these recordings on Japanese TOCJ and some domestic Blue Note CD's (I think from the 1990's).  But I hear new clarity and naturalness as I listen to the first Bechet LP right now.  Glorious and noble music!  A bit of balm for these horrible times.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Bol

4 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Hi my friend, happy holidays. I truly love the music in these three sets. Just transporting to another time and place and mood-influencing juicy goodness.

Happy holidays to you too, Lon.  All the best in the new year.

I am also listening to the Commodore sets.  It was you who introduced me to that music when we were both in Austin!

9 minutes ago, Jim Duckworth said:

R-2907960-1306719601.jpeg.jpg

Enjoying the Warne Marsh elements of this set and re-reading the excellent notes.

Funny, I’ve got my Tristano-Konitz-Marsh box on today too, probably in anticipation of the new Tristano box coming in the next week or so.

This music is just divine, and the perfect mood for a laidback (solitary) Christmas Day.  My wife’s visiting her folks back in Kansas City for a week, but I had to work around the holiday (except today) and I couldn’t shake loose to join her.

I’m especially warming to Warne, who I took to the more slowly of the three when I first got this set about a year ago (thanks to a kind soul on the board who let me have it in a trade).

Edited by Rooster_Ties