Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I find the Atlantic New Orleans box to be very enjoyable - with the rationed doses. Good set of music which I otherwise would have missed on.

Fully agree - one disc per day is perfect!

I especially enjoy the no-nonsense sound of these recordings. The engineers succeeded in taking you right there.

Edited by mikeweil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OTEtNTA2Ni5qcGVn.jpeg

I panicked when I saw on Mosaic's website that it was out of stock as they are changing warehouses and ordered a copy from Jazzmessengers on Sunday. It arrived here today at noon - fastest delivery of a Mosaic box ever!

Edited by mikeweil

• 3 weeks later...

One of the last remaining used cd/vinyl stores near me just got a whole bunch of jazz dumped on them in the past month from some collector in the area...among the treasure trove were 4 Mosaics in excellent shape- the Duke Ellington Reprise set, Buck Clayton jam session, Jack Teagarden set and Jackie Mclean sessions.  I picked up the the Ellington and the Clayton .... $65 for the both of them! Enjoying the heck out of the Ellington right now, never heard this stuff before. 

IMG_5502 (2).jpg

Edited by Templejazz