Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Complete Anita O'Day Verve / Clef Sessions.  Disk 2.  This is a great set if you love jazz vocals.

This set has now become my official "It's Early In The Morning, And I'm With My Cup Of Coffee, Trying To Wake Up" music.

Disk three right now. I'm loving this set to death for some reason.

Disk five now -- just a beautiful version of Early Autumn on this disk that I repeat at least three times whenever I hear it.

Since I know everyone is watching my progess with intense interest -- I'm now listening to disk six. Just heard a wonderful version of It Never Entered My Mind.

Paul Chambers/Wynton Kelly disc 2. Ok, you guys told me this was a good set, but c'mon, I didn't know it would be THIS good! Cannonball - man alive- he is on fire! Give me all the alternate takes you want when they're this good. Right now I'm listening to the 1st Bassman set - another winner! This set is on course to becoming one of my favorite Mosaics (out of the 40 or so that I own). And to think I still have 4 more discs to listen to.

The Complete Anita O'Day Verve / Clef Sessions.  Disk 2.  This is a great set if you love jazz vocals.

This set has now become my official "It's Early In The Morning, And I'm With My Cup Of Coffee, Trying To Wake Up" music.

Disk five now -- just a beautiful version of Early Autumn on this disk that I repeat at least three times whenever I hear it.

Since I know everyone is watching my progess with intense interest -- I'm now listening to disk six. Just heard a wonderful version of It Never Entered My Mind.

It's almost over, I'm on disk seven now. This is one of the weakest cds of the set. The arrangements of Bill Holman and Russ Garcia don't do anything for me -- seem kind of static to my ears.

Edited by Matthew

It's almost over, I'm on disk seven now. This is one of the weakest cds of the set. The arrangements of Bill Holman and Russ Garcia don't do anything for me -- seem kind of static to my ears.

I'm now listening to, ta-da, the last cd of the set! Cd nine is very nice, in a fluffy kind of way. It has O'Day doing a session each with Cal Tjader and "The Three Sounds", and they have a nice pop feel to them. After hearing all this I've come to two conclusions: 1. That Anita O'Day is a gaint of a jazz singer. Great phrasing and rythmn to her vocals. 2. This is one great set. Great job, as usual, by Mosaic of collecting hard to find music and presenting it in grand style.

Edited by Matthew

TKM, disc two- WOW!!!

Major agreement. I've had this set for about a month, and all I've listened to so far is the first two disks. Wonderful stuff! when I get tired of it, I'll move on to the next three disks. This is very impressive and important music -- glad I broke down and got it right before it went oop.

Mobley disc 4. Arrived today. :)

I had intended to start with disc 1 but you how these things look alike if in your excitement you forget to read the fine print. Once the music started no way I was going to stop it & put in disc 1!