Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Columbia/OKeh Joe Venuti & Eddie Lang Sessions Disc two and three.

Just finished the second disc and now starting the third. I was on the fence with this set for a long time but now that I am actually hearing the music I am glad I made the purchase.

Nice to hear it. I'm looking forward to my set. :)

Woody Herman Philips Recordings (Mosaic, MS-031)

MS031.jpg

I just finished disc one :excited: and now I am going to listen to the rest of this set!

I had not heard any of this music but the reactions from board members and the endorsement from Scott from Mosaic (while ordering my Venuti/Lang & Chu Berry sets) was enough for me to take a chance. So far I am very glad I did!

Just opened up Disc 4 of the Buddy DeFranco box.

I've had this set since 1990. Opened up Discs 2 and 3 in '92 and '02. I was talking with sjarrel about it the other day, and our conversation reminded me I still had one to go, so today is the day I checked it out and finished the box.

Years ago Cuscuna said in one of his catalogues that the DeFranco and the Shorty Rogers were his two worst-selling boxes. I bought both and enjoy them both. Maybe it's time to check out the next Rogers I haven't heard yet too!

I once e-mailed MC about a possible DeFranco Verve set. I didn't realize the earlier DeFranco set had been such a poor seller, makes my request seem kind of stupid in hindsight :mellow: Needless to say, the response was polite but less than enthusiastic.