Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Hodges & Prima/Manone package was finally delivered two hours ago... big relief!

Now halfway through disc two of the Prima/Manone - great one so far, glad I got it!

Flurin what ya playing at. I'd successfully managed to ignore the lure of the Prima/Manone set until your comments.

My credit card provider thanks you. :lol:

I'm hanging on until it exits 'running low' :w

I noticed that it appeared in both Last Chance and Running Low, not sure if that's the usual form. These pre-war Mosaic wear very well I've noticed and are so well executed.

Yes, and in this case I noticed the first three CDs all being 70-75 minutes long, so they were kind to make this a 6 and not 7CD set, too (the rule seems to be that discs clock in around 60 minutes, no?)

For some reason I went to the Prima/Manone after the Bix, Tram & Tea set. I have had it for a few weeks but this seemed like the best time to listen. Just finished the first disc, I am now starting the second one, and so far I am really enjoying the Prima sides.

The Lester set will have to continue waiting. :P

I think the rules vary from label to label (and in the case of the Cole for exampe, artist estate to artist estate).

The labels take influence on how much music Mosaic's allowed to put on a CD? Seriously? In what ridiculous a world are we living... holding corporation called America, I guess, and everyone else is voluntarily accepting and following its rules...

I know that the Cole estate for instance stipulated in the nineties how long a Cole cd could be etc. I didn't think that exited in a vacuum, and i THINK I remember talk of other such instances.

Wow, I didn't know about that! Together with what Chuck (I think it was him) posted in another thread about those GRP twofers were some titles were omitted (Art Farmer Quartet, Zoot Sims) due to similar business rules, that's all quite pathetic! Seems like they started digging their own graves quite a while ago...

Well, the amount of people who really care about these things is so few . . .statistically speaking in the market place. Thank goodness for Cuscuna, the Uptown folks and a few others who care and do it right. . .the few. . . the proud.