Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been listening to the June Christy/Peggy Lee Complete Capitol Transcriptions set. I forget about this set for a while and when I pull it out I nearly always listen to the complete set.

The Christy sides are great. As a warm-blooded guy I get the impression listening to June that she's a beautiful and sweet gal that you just want to protect and build a nest with.

And then the Peggy sides come along and you all of a sudden want to hold the door to your convertible open to Peggy and go for a long cruise and end up with a steak and martinis by the ocean by candlelight.

Ah! A great set.

Been listening to the June Christy/Peggy Lee Complete Capitol Transcriptions set. I forget about this set for a while and when I pull it out I nearly always listen to the complete set.

The Christy sides are great. As a warm-blooded guy I get the impression listening to June that she's a beautiful and sweet gal that you just want to protect and build a nest with.

And then the Peggy sides come along and you all of a sudden want to hold the door to your convertible open to Peggy and go for a long cruise and end up with a steak and martinis by the ocean by candlelight.

Ah! A great set.

Hey Lonson - nice commentary, great sales pitch. You make me want to buy that set (which I will in any case when it gets to 'running low'). You should definitely be working for Mosaic A&R/Marketing. :)

Edited by sidewinder

Ah! A great set.

Hey Lonson - nice commentary, great sales pitch. You make me want to buy that set (which I will in any case when it gets to 'running low'). You should definitely be working for Mosaic A&R/Marketing. :)

I do agree. Put me down for one, too.

MG

Ah! A great set.

Great description! On a related note Helen Merrill inspires that kind of imagery whenever I hear her...but I'm not going to post what that is for fear of being banned! :cool:

Ah! A great set.

Great description! On a related note Helen Merrill inspires that kind of imagery whenever I hear her...but I'm not going to post what that is for fear of being banned! :cool:

Helen Merrill. . .

Another great singer, indeed.

Randy Weston Select - the Piano-a-la-Mode session

Had this on a Jubilee LP when I was in college, & wore it out playing it on a bad turntable. Great record and great to be able to hear it again. Thanks to Mr. Weston for the music and to Mr. Cuscuna and Mosaic for making it available again.