Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f92060h03d1.jpgDiscs 2 & 3

Pretty much what I expected and that's a good thing. Bennie Green, surprised this guy didn't get more noteriety. Fine work. Nice personnel on this collection which also includes Gene Ammons who played on the Soul Stirrin' date. Thanks to those who recommended this collection.

okay I'm on the last track and I forgot how HOT this is! :wub: :wub: - This is quickly moving up on my FAV Select list... :tup :tup

Yep, that Dexter Select is nice!

I've been spinning the Pendulum Select all morning. I wasn't real into this one when I first got it, but its starting to grow on me. Some VERY nice soloing on here.

Guest Bixieland

I was gonna squeeze that in when I ordered the Columbia small groups...of course there were about 10 other singles and Selects jockeying for "tag-along" status. :unsure:

so I axed them all and just got the Columbia. Now I wish I got, this one, that one... :(

Guest Bixieland

Classic Chu Berry Columbia and Victor Sessions: Disc V

chuberry.jpg

chuberry.jpg

Two comments I'd like to make: First, Chu was awesome. And second, Ted Kendall is awesome.

Guest Bixieland

Does anyone get an eastern vibe on Chu? I swear he's playing with me. Like a snake charmer, eating fire in a zoot soot.

amorafiresmall.jpgChu%20Berry1.jpgnff_mixi.jpg

Fitting it was that his nickname is of eastern origin.

Initial thought.... :w:( :(

I have never liked Al Foster as a drummer... (Doesn't do anything for me... - and he thinks he's great.... :o :o )

We'll see how the rest of the set proceeds.... :mellow: :mellow:

Pendulum Select Disc 1...

not sure what to expect but kinda hard to turn down a live village vanguard set!~!!

Initial thought.... :w:( :(

I have never liked Al Foster as a drummer... (Doesn't do anything for me... - and he thinks he's great.... :o :o )

We'll see how the rest of the set proceeds.... :mellow: :mellow:

Pendulum Select Disc 1...

not sure what to expect but kinda hard to turn down a live village vanguard set!~!!

I sure like his solo on Footptrints.

A couple of years ago when I saw him with McCoy Tyner... he was extremely unimpressive... Grinned the whole time as he was thinking he was awesome... His solos were quite underwhelming....

Now that cat I just saw McCoy with this weekend (Eric Gravatt) is a very nice drummer... great cymbal work.... :):tup

Al Foster was an incredible groove / funk drummer. Jazz. . . he has his moments!

A couple of years ago when I saw him with McCoy Tyner... he was extremely unimpressive... Grinned the whole time as he was thinking he was awesome... His solos were quite underwhelming....

Now that cat I just saw McCoy with this weekend (Eric Gravatt) is a very nice drummer... great cymbal work.... :):tup

Al Foster was an incredible groove / funk drummer. Jazz. . . he has his moments!

Yes Eric Gravatt. . . excellent drummer.

You may be mistaking Foster's grin. . . performers developing habits, and masks, to display on stage. Better to be grinning than grimacing, or totally blank. . . .