Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently acquired the Herbie Nichols Mosaic via eBay, it was quite expensive and after I won the auction I had instant buyer’s remorse, but as soon as I listened to all 3 discs and got stuck into the excellent liners that soon disappeared. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Roswell Rudd's liners are something else.

I recently acquired the Herbie Nichols Mosaic via eBay, it was quite expensive and after I won the auction I had instant buyer’s remorse, but as soon as I listened to all 3 discs and got stuck into the excellent liners that soon disappeared. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Roswell Rudd's liners are something else.

Yea they're very good, personal without getting to wishy-washy, the musics not too bad either, just love "Sunday Stroll", could listen to it over and over again.

I was giving disc one of the The Complete Verve Johnny Hodges Small Group Sessions 1956-1961 a spin last night and I was really blown away by Jimmy Hamilton and his clarinet, among other things, really great stuff.

e76262t02cv.jpg

More power to you.. seriously..

No matter how I tried I just could NOT get into this set... :unsure: :unsure:

This is the (and hopefully will always be) ONLY the Mosaic I've ever gotten rid of... Hopefully someone at my local library will dig it more than I did.... :crazy:

Disc 1 of the Chico Hamilton Mosaic. Excellent! I've really taken a liking to this set, much to my surprise.

Chico%20Hamilton%20-%20Complete%20Pacific%20Jazz.jpg

Edited by tranemonk

More power to you.. seriously..

No matter how I tried I just could NOT get into this set... :unsure: :unsure:

This is the (and hopefully will always be) ONLY the Mosaic I've ever gotten rid of... Hopefully someone at my local library will dig it more than I did.... :crazy:

Disc 1 of the Chico Hamilton Mosaic. Excellent! I've really taken a liking to this set, much to my surprise.

Chico%20Hamilton%20-%20Complete%20Pacific%20Jazz.jpg

Funny you should say that. I've only sold one of my Mosaics too and it was the one you just bought! (Woody Herman Capitol)

Oh well, I'm still trying to acquire the Elvin Jones set based in part on your highest recommendation. :tophat: