Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOWZAH!

enjoying looking at the Hall/Johnson/De Paris/Dickenson Mosaic (CD-version) that just arrived!

know much of the music already, but this does look nice, very nice!

the page with the cd-tracklists is a loose sheet, slightly smaller, put inside the booklet - was that how they presented their early CD-versions, with the booklet being just for the LP-version and thus they had to add an additional page?

YOWZAH!

enjoying looking at the Hall/Johnson/De Paris/Dickenson Mosaic (CD-version) that just arrived!

the page with the cd-tracklists is a loose sheet, slightly smaller, put inside the booklet - was that how they presented their early CD-versions, with the booklet being just for the LP-version and thus they had to add an additional page?

That's exactly right about the slip-in page with the CD info; I have several of the early Mosaic CD editions.

You already know that there's some fabulous music on that set.

YOWZAH!

That's exactly right about the slip-in page with the CD info; I have several of the early Mosaic CD editions.

You already know that there's some fabulous music on that set.

Yes, that's why I spent some $$ to get it (135$ to be exact... and it slipped through customs without trouble, luckily). I've got two early vinyls (Tina Brooks and Art Pepper), but then there's quite a gap... I think the next ones I have are in the 130s. From about the 150s/160s on I have most of what I wanted. But it's always a thrill when I get a chnce to grab another earlier one!

Chico Hamilton , starting with Satin Doll. Been listening to a lot of West Coast and it led me back to both Shelly and Chico. since I often put the Shelly Blackhawk sides on , I figured I'd zag this time instead of zigging, and I always forget how his chamber approach is such a nice departure from other dates of that time.

Gary

I listened to a little Lionel Hampton (Hodges, and Benny Carter), Count Basie Roulette Studio Recordings (gotta love that SAXOPHONE section!) and a little Benny Goodman Sessions (Clarinade in particular). I am really looking forward to splurging on a new Mosaic set soon and have my eyes on a few that I missed out on as they went out of print.

While doing some editing work on a book before a New Years gig I am listening to Dizzy Gillespie disk #2. St. Louis blues! They are cookin'! I will be spending some time listening to the new Ellington big set tomorrow, as I haven't been enjoying it as much as I thought. Am I being to nearsighted listening to Mosaic records exclusively? I really haven't listened to much else recently...

Duke Ellington Small Groups Disk 6. I return to this set often. This music is straight from the heart. Looking forward to spending more time with the Ellington big band set this week :g

I broke down and ordered several OOP Mosaics from Amazon sellers that I missed out on back in the day. Buck Clayton CBS Jam Sessions, HRS Sessions and The Classic Capitol Sessions (not sure why I didn't get them originally) I paid $75 for the Buck Clayton, $179 for the Capitol and $150 for the HRS... :crazy: I know it's a chunk of change but this music's gonna be GREAT and I will be in Mosaic heaven for the next few weeks :P:D:w:g:cool::party: