New members to the board - how did you find us??

Is it just me? – or do there seem to be a fair number of new members trickling in, here and there, over the last several weeks??

Attn new people: If you haven't done so already, please introduce yourself – and please feel free to share any background info about yourself, if you like. And in case it hasn't been said specifically in direct response to a post of yours – WELCOME!!! :)

Also, you might notice from the title of this thread – where did you hear about the Organissimo forums?? (Just curious.)

Thanks!! And again, welcome to the board!!! :rlol

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I was doing a search on an album. Trying to find where I could buy it. And one of the hits that came back was for this place. I usually just read what people ost instead of writting myself. Most of what I would ask already is floating around this board.

Guess a number of new members stumble into this Forum almost by accident. The jazz fans doing a search on the Internet would include the word 'jazz' into their search. And get on to the other JAZZ forums.

We get the more curious. The cream!

Welcome to all new members. The place is very open...

I tried some google searches.

With "jazz message board", "jazz forum" or "jazz discussion" (without quotes), Organissimo is not on the first page of the results.

But with "jrvg tocj" it is the first result. That is rather extreme, because with other rare keywords often used here "andrew hill dance with death", "mccoy tyner mosaic" I was less successful.

So people that find Organissimo through google probably searched for very specific information, and not for a jazz discussions in general.

I found this board at forums.allaboutjazz.com. I don't remember who mentioned this site but I thought to give it a try.Now I'm hooked ;)

No it takes a couple of hours every day to check out new messages on this board+forums.allaboutjazz.com.Oh whatta hell...

I tried some google searches.

With "jazz message board", "jazz forum" or "jazz discussion" (without quotes), Organissimo is not on the first page of the results.

But with "jrvg tocj" it is the first result. That is rather extreme, because with other rare keywords often used here "andrew hill dance with death", "mccoy tyner mosaic" I was less successful.

So people that find Organissimo through google probably searched for very specific information, and not for a jazz discussions in general.

This may be simply because AFAIK it was on the Blue Note Board that the term "JRVG" was coined, so the term is not in wide use outside the jazz bulletin board community. The Japanese, of course, just refer to them as the TOCJ 9000-series, right?

And let's also welcome Juan Amalbert who has been posting here for the past couple of days. Juan and I have exchanged PMs after I replied to one of his posts about a new Duke Ellington release. Juan mentioned that he played on the album.

My first reaction was to think Juan was joking. He was not. I found out he also played on the Duke Ellington 'My People' album plus with the Latin Jazz Quintet including the album with Eric Dolphy. He has allowed me to quote from his latest PM. This is his reply to a PM I sent him:

Thank you.

yes I did record with Ellington and also played with him for 12 yrs., until his passing.

Also, I am the leader of the former Latin-Jazz Quintet on Prestige records, and yes I am the one who ask Eric Dolphy to play on my date of the CD Caribe all now on Fantasy records.

You are most welcome to mention this info to the Organissimo forum with my compliments.

Thank you for these kind words of yours

I am sure Juan will have plenty to tell us about his experiences with these great musicians!