June 29th RVGs

mgraham333

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think this is a killer batch. Have held of on buying BUHAINA'S DELIGHT until now, one of the few remaining gaps in my Blakey collection. INNER URGE ought to sound really great as an RVG. This is cool.

I just ordered them all except for the Mitchell, which I have in my Mosaic box already. I'm also excited to upgrade my "Inner Urge", which is one of my favorite sessions. Its extremely rare that I ever upgrade for sonic purposes, but this session is an exception!

• 1 month later...

hmmmm.... let the bitching begin!

What's with all the changes?

Take a look at the back cover of the recent batch. The huge FBI warning in the lower right-hand corner? (saw something similar on the latest LPRs)

tray.jpg

And the EMI logo is RED now....

What about the disc itself... where's the WHITE?

disc.jpg

Each of the discs in the new batch appear to be this way.

They also included a promo for the t-shirts.

tshirt_promo.jpg

hmmmm.... let the bitching begin!

What's with all the changes?

Take a look at the back cover of the recent batch. The huge FBI warning in the lower right-hand corner? (saw something similar on the latest LPRs)

pff, that's nothing. Look at this!

that's right! big ass logo on the FRONT COVER. Almost one QUARTER of the back tray taken up by copy control messages. The music is what counts, but this is ridiculous.

These packaging changes are very disturbing to OCDers as myself. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME!! It's a series!!! I was barely dealing with the variences in the the insert art and then the EMI emblem appeared! I was holding it together pretty well but now I'm not sure I can! :wacko:

If the previous titles are ever released in similar packaging I might be tempted to upgrade for packaging reasons which I know is totally unreasonable and hopefully my wife would intervene.

Discs are Copy Protected!!!!!

European only

Well turn the disc, check right around where the clear plastic is, ok see there is no ingraving of a symbol or writing as in their older, and conn series, these are generic cheap cds, but the batch is top notch so no complains from here. The McLean session is one fine sounding one :)

Scottb Posted on Jun 30 2004, 12:09 PM  THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME!! It's a series!!!

I wouldn't update because of this, but I agree it just adds confusion. It was easy to tell the RVGs before, now some of them will be one way and some of them another.

Same for the big, red EMI logo. Nobody thinks of these as "EMIs."

silver disks may suck, copy protection may suck, black EMI logos may suck, red EMI logos may suck more, big ass FBI warnings may suck, even bigger copy protection crap text on the back may suck even more, but the worst they could do to the package is mess with the front cover. Finally they got away from that CompactDisk thingy on every cover, finally the try to stay real close to the original, and then what? They paste some stoopid & ugly & VERY BIG COPY PROTECT logo all over it. All European only, and only on the Capitols, but this shit tends to spread...

When the copy protection hits the US (after the Jul 13 batch is my guess) we can blame it on the people who bought Velvet Revolver's "Contraband"

For the first time, the No. 1 album in the United States is loaded with anticopying protections, marking a clear step into the mainstream for the controversial technology. more

read the last paragraph

Take a look at the back cover of the recent batch.  The huge FBI warning in the lower right-hand corner?

Hahahaha...

It doesn't look pretty. But, good luck to you, EMI, at enforcing the FBI warning.

Hahahaha...

If you can't enforce it, and you can't, why print it and dirty-up the packaging?

EMI: I don't care if you go bankrupt with your stupid warnings. Yeah, I'd miss the new Blue Note releases. But, really, I do have enough to last me a lifetime.

FBI warning?

Hahahaha...