Sold a bunch of vinyl

wolff

Had a nice thing happen yesterday.

I had 4 boxes of LP's I never played sitting in the closet for a few years. I listed them on Audiogon about 2 months ago and sold about 100-150. Yesterday a guy made an offer on the last 56 I had listed, and I took it.

These were all iffy titles(Carly Simon, Michael Jackson, Heart, etc) or doubles, but in great shape. Mostly stuff I got free or paid a buck for at garage sales. I sold them for $2 to $5. A used record store would have given me a dime each.

Audiogon worked great for these types of records. They do not charge anything to sell them. E-bay would have never worked. Fees would have eaten any profit.

Don't worry I have still have about 2000 in my regular rotation.

Edited by wolff

That's cool that you were able to get those sold. Having sold a lot of LP's myself over the years via different methods (record swaps, mail order sales and auctions, directly to dealers, newspaper ads, flea markets, garage sales, etc) I know that selling in quantity can be a real headache.

So, if you don't mind my asking, was your buyer able to pick those up, or did you have to ship them? If you shipped them, could you describe how you went about packing and shipping them? I've never shipped more than half a dozen or so LP's to one person at any one time. So many LP buyers are SO picky about condition (and I mean picky about CLEAN records), it would seem almost impossible to me to sell a large number to one person sight-unseen. Had you sold to this person before?

Anyway, I'm just curious. Thanks.

I will ship them to him. I'll pack tight in a box or two and send media/book rate.

These are not collectable(about $2.75 each) and my grading is accurate, so I'm not too worried about him being dissastified. The vinyl on most of these is truly mint, or I mentioned the flaws and played many of them to be sure. He's getting a good deal. Audiogon has feedback, which I assume he's putting some trust in. Never sold to this guy, but I sold batches of 10+ to 3 or 4 others with zero problems. Most buyers(and I'm one of them) only get pissed when item is not as described. On the other hand, some people fuss over anything. Hopefully, he's not one of those.

Thanks for posting this. I'm running out of room in my apt for my records, and I keep saying that "I'm going to re-organize my LPs and clean out duplicates, etc." (My girlfriend just rolls her eyes at this). It's one of those "someday" jobs that I keep meaning to do later. Anyway, when I do clean them out -- you know, in 2008 -- I hope Audiogon is still around.

Guest ariceffron

SCREW U FOR SELLIN AWAY HEART I AM GOING TO SEE HEART IN T-MINUES 17 HRS. AND IT IS GOING TO RIP. THE BIG RUMOUR IS THAT SOME MEMBERS OF THAT BAND THE PEARL JAM ARE GOING TO SIT IN TO COVER LED ZEP TUNES W/ EM. OHRLEAY!!!!! ITS GOING TO BE GOOD. VERY SMALL SHOW-- CAUSE ITS SEATTLE THE HOMETOWN CONCERT. ITLL BE NEET TO SEE THEM UPCLOSE- ESPICALLY NANCY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN POP MUSIC

For software like LP's and CD's it's free.

I looked at audiogon and it said private registers might be upgraded to Commercial

users, if they sell more than they buy.

How are you registered?

I couldn't find a fee schedule that said selling LPs/CDs were free.???

Guest ariceffron

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BABLING ABOUT. OF COURSE I LIKE HEART. ESPICALLY SINCE I MOVED HERE TO THE SEATTLE AREA, BUT I LIKE THEM NO MATTER WHERE I AM. AND ITS NOT JUST CAUSE IM IN LOVE W/ NANCY---HEART ALWAYS WERE ONE OF THE BEST LED ZEP INFLUENCED ROCK BANDS