Claude Delcloo

Brandon Burke

Hi everybody,

I'm doing some research on French drummer Claude Delcoo but have come up with painfully little. I know about his involvement with the BYG folks, some of the sessions he appeared on, and not much else. Do any of you know of some bio or discography sites that might be of use? I'm still looking for simple information like DOB, where he was born, what he did after the mid-70's, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

Brandon, I met Claude Delcloo when he was involved with the Byg/Actuel recording sessions. I have lost contact with him and have not heard any mention of his recent activities.

I remember him as a pretty good conman - in a minor way - and a pretty bad drummer. He was trying to better his drumming capacities but never managed this, as far as I know.

Stupid question... why the interest? There are so many better drummers.

One of Delcloo's problem was that he was breaking in in Paris when Sonny Murray, Andrew Cyrille, Don Moye - not to speak of Philly Joe Jones, Art Taylor and Kenny Clarke - were all over the place!

One of Delcloo's problem was that he was breaking in in Paris when Sonny Murray, Andrew Cyrille, Don Moye - not to speak of Philly Joe Jones, Art Taylor and Kenny Clarke - were all over the place!

People gave up on their instruments in much less sharp company!!!