The duds.

carl

Blood, Chet & Tears. This does look bad.

Barf alert. >AMG Link<

Sugar, sugar, Evil Ways, You've Made Me So Very Happy?  :wacko:

Not only does Blood, Chet and Tears looks bad. It sounds terrible.

Hope Chet had some good time with whatever money he got from the record session.

The album is a rare one but it MUST be avoided. Like the plague :angry:

Edited by brownie

Wes Montgomery- Road Song and Down Here on the Ground. Both suck.

I have a theory to real reason Wes died, and that is, he had to record these two albums and it killed him. There is so much sap on these two albums they should be at IHOP. The greatest guitarist of all time, had to record albums like this to feed his family. It must have led to his demise.

Edited by Hardbopjazz

Sonny Rollins "The Solo Album." I was so dissappointed by this. Sounds like he didn't think about the date at all, and just showed up and warmed up, kinda, for an hour. No connected thoughts or anything. Really bad.

Stanley Turrentine: he did a few for Fantasy in the 70s with strings that were just awful in my opinion. "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" was one. I can't think of the others. Whew! What's that smell???

Does anyone here besides me find Jackie McLean's New and Old Gospel a big disappointment. In this instance we not only get a less than stellar performance from Jackie, we get one from Ornette as well....IMHO :g:g

c076485bdjt.jpg

Frankly, I think Tippin the Scales has more going for it and everyone around here seems to hate that one. What's the verdict on this one. Dud or Not? <_<<_<

Does anyone here besides me find Jackie McLean's New and Old Gospel a big disappointment. In this instance we not only get a less than stellar performance from Jackie, we get one from Ornette as well....IMHO  :g  :g

c076485bdjt.jpg

Frankly, I think Tippin the Scales has more going for it and everyone around here seems to hate that one. What's the verdict on this one. Dud or Not? <_<  <_<

I feel the same about NAOG. I would have enjoyed Jackie and Ornette both playing alto and going at it a bit. I have to say I have zero interest in Ornette's trumpet and violin playing. Love the alto (and tenor) though.

Does anyone here besides me find Jackie McLean's New and Old Gospel a big disappointment. In this instance we not only get a less than stellar performance from Jackie, we get one from Ornette as well....IMHO :g:g

c076485bdjt.jpg

Frankly, I think Tippin the Scales has more going for it and everyone around here seems to hate that one. What's the verdict on this one. Dud or Not? <_<<_<

I'm pretty much mostly in the camp that likes "New and Old Gospel". Not that I would whole-heartedly recommend it to everyone, but for those with open-minded ears, this is a pretty darn interesting album.