Mosaic Story: Epilogue

Hell, I could've just continued in that 'ensuing guilt' thread I began, but to be honest, right now I'm feeling anything but guilt. Just got home from Best Buy, and what was waiting for me?

Complete HRS

JJ Johnson

Kenton Presents

Elvin Jones

Johnny Hodges

I caved in a day later and got the following which also arrived.

Joe Pass

Johnny Smith

Shank/Cooper Select

Brookmeyer Select

Whoo!

Hell, I could've just continued in that 'ensuing guilt' thread I began, but to be honest, right now I'm feeling anything but guilt. Just got home from Best Buy, and what was waiting for me?

Complete HRS

JJ Johnson

Kenton Presents

Elvin Jones

Johnny Hodges

I caved in a day later and got the following which also arrived.

Joe Pass

Johnny Smith

Shank/Cooper Select

Brookmeyer Select

Whoo!

What are you going to start with??? Oh, tough life....

A lot of people spend much time watching TV and think nothing of it. For me, the TV is a bore and I get very little enjoyment from it.

On the other hand, I do get very much enjoyment from listening to and learning about jazz. I'm always taken-a'back when a friend, who can spend an entire evening watching the TV, will think it strange that I can spend the same amount of time listening to music.

I get so much more from the music. The music is historical (I've learned much about American and European cultural history from this music). These are real people as opposed to actors. Mostly, I simply enjoy the music and the environment from which the music developed.

A lot of people spend much time watching TV and think nothing of it. For me, the TV is a bore and I get very little enjoyment from it.

On the other hand, I do get very much enjoyment from listening to and learning about jazz. I'm always taken-a'back when a friend, who can spend an entire evening watching the TV, will think it strange that I can spend the same amount of time listening to music.

I get so much more from the music. The music is historical (I've learned much about American and European cultural history from this music). These are real people as opposed to actors. Mostly, I simply enjoy the music and the environment from which the music developed.

This is exactly me, but swtich 'friend' with my father.

Same here.

I guess joining the Marines ain't such a bad thing. Must pay well :excited:

Are you kidding?  We need you!!  Now we can order eight sets and say, "But dear, this other guy ordered nine sets; I don't have a problem!" :g

:tup. Mark's my kind of guy. That's the kind of logic I love.

Edited by Brad

Well said, Wesbed.

I believe that the typical cable TV bill is about fifty dollars a month. I don't get cable TV, because there just isn't enough on it that interests me to justify paying anything for it. Even if you spent nothing else on CDs, think of how much great music you could purchase for fifty dollars a month. And the CDs will last indefinitely; they're not gone with the wind like television is.

Yeah, there's:

cable $50/month,

cell phone $50/month,

broadband internet $40/month,

gardener/lawnman (anybody see an lawnwoman?) $50-100/month,

gasoline $50-$100/month,

haircuts $25/month

guess we can shift alot of spending to CDs :lol:

Edited by Tjazz

Yeah, there's:

cable $50/month,

cell phone $50/month,

broadband internet $40/month,

gardener/lawnman (anybody see an lawnwoman?) $50-100/month,

gasoline $50-$100/month,

haircuts $25/month

guess we can shift alot of spending to CDs :lol:

You need to cut down on haircuts! :P

My haircuts cost $11.00 (due to recent price increase from $10). That $14 price difference can pay for a Conn, or an RVG with something left over. Plus I've been working on a 60 day haircut schedule. Just think, if you skip six haircuts @ $25 each, you'd have enough for a Mosaic! ;)

I guess joining the Marines ain't such a bad thing. Must pay well :excited:

Are you kidding?  We need you!!  Now we can order eight sets and say, "But dear, this other guy ordered nine sets; I don't have a problem!" :g

:tup. Mark's my kind of guy. That's the kind of logic I love.

He's got big balls, I'll give him that!

Absolutely old chap.

My tv goes for weeks on end ( save the odd dvd) without me turning it on!)

Not the only thing either :lol::lol:

Anyway I live with others ( my family !) and they get the rotten end which is complete frustration with any TV at the moment.

I mean ..........latest reality tv with laugh a minute presenters or.....Joe Henderson's Page One whilst sat out in an English Summer garden with a large glass of scrumpy cider :wacko::blink:

Where is the competition?

Or a make over programme versus Lee Morgan's Search for a New Land and that kick theme throughout..... and maybe another glass or two of cider :eye::excited:

Or

continues ad nauseum til the end of the web page and bottom of the barrel! :huh: