Jutta Hipp paintings on eBay

Hipp was born in 1925 in Germany and made a big impression in post-war Europe as a jazz singer. In 1950 she visited the United States and was part of various singing groups. In the late 1950's she gave up her singing career to concentrate on painting. She died this past April.

And she played piano quite well

I noticed the address listed on the label affixed to the back of the paintings. I lived about 5-10 minutes away from her, in Queens, NY.

Anyway, I have to say her piano playing is superior to her painting. She should have stuck to music. Even as "primitives," her painting is not very good. Their interest lies in their association value.

BTW, does anyone know if there are any published photos of her?

I was going to post something similar but then remembered what my mother taught me - "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"

But since already said I'll just pile on. The first thought that popped in my head when I looked at 'em is that I'd rather pay the money to pick up Live at the Hickory House Vol 1 and 2.