Heavens To Betsy, It's...

Haven't seen that show in a moose's age. Who's hosting these days.

Alex Trebek still. Art Fleming, he ain't, but after twentyfive years, I guess I'm getting used to him...

The "answer" was something like "This former game show panelist re-entered the public eye in the 1970s when she appeared in the (whatever) movies"...was it Friday the 13th? Hell, I don't watch that stuff, I don't know...but I remembered this thread!

Here's my Betsy Palmer story:

Sometime in the early '80s, I was going into a store in the town where I lived, and I saw a good looking tall blond leaving. I turned for a second look and my reaction was - not bad, but she's got a sagging butt. When I went into the store, the female cashier said, "did you know that was Betsy Palmer?" (She was appearing at a local summer theatre.)

My apologies to Ms. Palmer and Mr. Sangry. I was a relative youngster then and didn't know any better.

• 12 years later...

I remember one night they pulled a prank on her.  (Garry Moore explained everything to the audience ahead of time.)  A viewer had written in, saying that 
Betsy never correctly guessed the secret.

So they brought a contestant out and started with her.  Naturally, she failed to guess the secret.  So when her time was up, instead of moving on to the next panelist, Moore said, "Well, I guess we'll never know what your secret is."  And the contestant got up and left.

Betsy was clueless as to what was going on and why the audience was laughing.

Edited by GA Russell

• 1 year later...

Reviving this somewhat unwoke thread to say that I caught a 1957 episode of To Tell The Truth last night w/Betsy Palmer on the panel, and omg...she was just...supremely beautiful.

I mean, yes, everybody is beautiful in their own way, and that was Betsy Palmer's way. What was that line that Johnny Hartman sang...You are too beautiful, my dear, to be true, And I am a fool for beauty.

So like The Jordanaires sang - now and then there's a fool such as I.

• 2 years later...