Euro 2004

once again the british team failed on penalties. once again they didn't beat Felipe Scolari....gosh!!!!!

portugal deserved to win and i can see them on the final game

tomorrow it´s gonna be a hard game and we'll suffer a lot but i think we´ll be on the semifinals.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!!!

Marcus, it's not Great Britain playing, just England! The british team is not in Euro2004.

I'm worried about the French team. They have failed to impress anyone so far. Patrick Vieira will probably be out of tonight's game because of injuries.

Trezeguet has played one bad match after the other. Will coach Santini have the guts to replace him with Louis Saha to beef up the attack? I'm afraid he won't.

Greece has nothing to lose. They will be difficult to play.

This evening will be very, very long...

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Euro 2004 games are shown live here in Japan on cable and replayed in the evening. That generally means a 4.00 a.m. kick off and I am not sufficiently interested these days to wake up at that time. I did however catch the second period of extra time and the penalties of the England vs. Portugal game this morning. As an Englishman, all I can say is what a depressingly familiar refrain, for the sake of my heart I sure wish FIFA and UEFA would devise an alternative to penalties.

Anyway, sounds like it was a great game and congratulations to Portugal. For your sake Brownie, I hope France live up to their potential this evening.

As an Englishman, all I can say is what a depressingly familiar refrain, for the sake of my heart I sure wish FIFA and UEFA would devise an alternative to penalties.

Somehow I don't think FIFA and UEFA will change the rules just because it's better for England (and the Netherlands, for that matter, who also missed an lot of important penalties) and your health... :g

once again the british team failed on penalties. once again they didn't beat Felipe Scolari....gosh!!!!!

portugal deserved to win and i can see them on the final game

tomorrow it´s gonna be a hard game and we'll suffer a lot but i think we´ll be on the semifinals.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!!!

Marcus, it's not Great Britain playing, just England! The british team is not in Euro2004.

Brownie,

I'm afraid most Dutchmen don't know the difference between Britain and England either, and we're practically neighbours...

It's just like calling the Netherlands Holland; Holland (= actually two provinces) is only part of the Netherlands.

Edited by J.A.W.

Did anybody note that the four richest League, British, Spanish, Italian and German, are out of the semifinal? Something to think about... :w

It's not the British league, but the English Premiership.

Sorry for the mistake!!!

I could say the same about italian league: we call it SERIE A, anyway if you wish understand my poor english... I will remember it when a dutch, (or english, scottish...) tourist ask for the Colosseo...(in English, of course) B)

Edited by porcy62

Did anybody note that the four richest League, British, Spanish, Italian and German, are out of the semifinal? Something to think about... :w

Sorry for the mistake!!!

I could say the same about italian league: we call it SERIE A, anyway if you wish understand my poor english... I will remember it when a dutch tourist ask for the Colosseo...(in English, of course) B)

I hear you. What I meant to say is, that people are often talking about England when they mean Great Britain (which also includes Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, of course) and the other way around.

I also meant to say that there is no British League, just an English League (in fact there are two, the Premiership and the Football League), a Scottish Premier League, a Welsh League and a Northern Irish League.

By the way, your English is OK as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by J.A.W.

France - Greece, half time: 0 - 0

who'd-a-thunk it. Greece is the dominant team... I guess these guys will go straight to Mount Olymp when they get home anyhow, but they got a few notches closer to Zeus himself with this effort.

And WHERE are the French? They play like they're already towards the end of the second half, tired, lustless, without ideas. Nowhere near yesterday's fireworks.

We are miles away from the brilliance of yesterdays Portugal-England confrontation. The French team is at its near worst. An addition of individual talents - too many of them not very good - renders in a very visible way the fact that France does not have a real team right now. Confused defense, absent attackers. Thank God Fabien Barthez keeps the goalmouth safe so far.

The frustration of all this. The 0-0 score at halftime is a good reflection of the non quality of this game...

Sorry for the mistake!!!

I could say the same about italian league: we call it SERIE A, anyway if you wish understand my poor english... I will remember it when a dutch tourist ask for the Colosseo...(in English, of course) B)

I hear you. What I meant to say is, that people are often talking about England when they mean Great Britain (which also includes Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, of course) and the other way around.

I also meant to say that there is no British League, just an English League (in fact there are two, the Premiership and the Football League), a Scottish Premier League, a Welsh League and a Northern Irish League.

By the way, your English is OK as far as I'm concerned.

I knew it, but sometimes you forgot the difference, maybe is my poor english that we, all no ENGLISH-language-born have to study to communicate...

BTW I lived in England for a couple of years, and I travelled through Scotland, Cornowall and Wales and I remember they teach you the difference...

Edited by porcy62

BTW I lived in England for a couple of years, and I travelled through Scotland, Cornowall and Wales and I remember they teach you the difference...

Yep, you'd better not call a Scot, a Welshman or an Irishman English...

& vice - versa !

Yep, you'd better not call a Scot, a Welshman or an Irishman English...

& vice - versa !

Oops, of course, sorry for my omission... ;)