Vote for your favorite Conn

Vote for your favorite Conn of those named here  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is the first of three polls with the idea of determining Organissimo members' favorite Conn.

Vote for your favorite Conn from the list provided. Remember that there will be two more polls with 20 further choices. (We can only list ten at one time)

The top four selections here will advance to a "playoff poll" with three other selections each from the other two polls. Then we will be able to pinpoint the best Conn by popular vote!

I culled these selections from the above-mentioned thread. One cannot rule out favoritism but I tried to list cds which were frequently mentioned by board members as being amonst their favorite Conns.

It is important that other members create the other two polls as my own favorites will inevitably creep into the picture. Actually, four of the cds in this poll were named as my personal top five, so you see, biasness is always there. Can't help it, I guess. I nominate Rooster Ties to create a second poll, and hope that another member will take it upon himself to create the third. Please refer to the "5 Favorite Conn" thread to select the remaining 20, as we endeavor to nominate those titles which were named by more than one contributor as being amongst their favorites.

Thanks in advance for contributing.

Edited by connoisseur series500

Query the accuracy of the poll when many of the Conn.'s listed are long OOP and UNAVAILABLE, at least for those of us not willing to pay ridiculous prices!

Still a fun exercise in futility! We can only hope for Blue Note to get the message and re-issue many of these great dates. In fact, maybe we should only vote for those long OOP and send the results to Tom. You think then maybe BN would RVG some of these great sets? Probably not........................Oh well. I'll play along.

I agree. It would be very wise of BN watch these polls to see which Conns they should re-released as RVG's. Maybe Kevin can give the results to Michael Cuscuna when he talks to him.

Everybody should have the ability to buy Tina Brooks' True Blue. I really love that album.

I just wish I could vote for more than one item.

:rsmile:

Query the accuracy of the poll when many of the Conn.'s listed are long OOP and UNAVAILABLE, at least for those of us not willing to pay ridiculous prices!

Still a fun exercise in futility! We can only hope for Blue Note to get the message and re-issue many of these great dates. In fact, maybe we should only vote for those long OOP and send the results to Tom. You think then maybe BN would RVG some of these great sets? Probably not........................Oh well. I'll play along.

Appreciate your participation.

Don't forget that there are two other polls as well, and the winners advance.

Top four will advance from this bracket.

So your "fav" only has to be in the top four to move on.

One strategy may be to vote for one you like but you think doesn't have much chance to advance, while not voting for one you like but you know is likely to advance anyway.

Have fun!

Hey! For once the one that I vote for is actually winning. What a feeling! It's close, but with only one vote allowed, I had to go for True Blue, probably one of my favorite Blue Notes. Time to RVG the damn thing! The people (of Oganissimo) have spoken!!