32 Jazz CD Cases

Noj

The cases look cheap and feel cheap like an LP on Pickwick. You wouldn't pay no more than $8.98 for whatever music is inside. I'm reminded of when school lunchboxes went to a mold-injected plastic with glued-on paper insignia of your action heroes on the side panels. It just wasn't the same as the durable metal ones which you could smack upside some bully's head. Soft plastic was for pussys.

No wonder Label M and 32 Groove CDs quickly go OOP -- nobody takes 'em seriously. If you want, you (or your dog) can chew the soft black plastic and that awful left front grill. The ONLY advantage is the hinges are unlikely to snap off when dropped -- so you can fling 'em around all you want.

The cases look cheap and feel cheap like an LP on Pickwick. You wouldn't pay no more than $8.98 for whatever music is inside. I'm reminded of when school lunchboxes went to a mold-injected plastic with glued-on paper insignia of your action heroes on the side panels. It just wasn't the same as the durable metal ones which you could smack upside some bully's head. Soft plastic was for pussys.

No wonder Label M and 32 Groove CDs quickly go OOP -- nobody takes 'em seriously. If you want, you (or your dog) can chew the soft black plastic and that awful left front grill. The ONLY advantage is the hinges are unlikely to snap off when dropped -- so you can fling 'em around all you want.

The cases might be cheapo, but there has been some good music inside those cases. I'm glad to have my 32 Jazz Woody Shaw CDs, for example.

There are very good music included in many of those 32 Jazz cds, but the packaging (covers and cases) are simply terrible! :(

The music is uniformly excellent on all my 32 Jazz cds. And yes, they were inexpensive. I can hear all the instruments when I play them, so they sound fine to me...

I thought some of the redesigned cover art was bad as it is--but I didn't expect them to disintegrate.

Solution: White elmer's glue and a toothpick. :mellow:

noj- my problem is just the opposite! i like to "decant" my cd's and put them in plastic sleeves. the liner notes go in the back pocket and the title gets slid into the top portion so i can see what is what when it is in the drawer.

unfortunately because of the glue on these 32's it is almost impossible to do a good job and remove all the good bits for storage! :angry:

at least the music is good! B)

• 3 weeks later...

noj- my problem is just the opposite! i like to "decant" my cd's and put them in plastic sleeves. the liner notes go in the back pocket and the title gets slid into the top portion so i can see what is what when it is in the drawer.

unfortunately because of the glue on these 32's it is almost impossible to do a good job and remove all the good bits for storage! :angry:

I don't think they were designed to be disassembled ;)

Do you throw out the CD cases? Doesn't that ruin the resale value (assuming you occasionally sell off CDs?)

I really haven't experienced these problems. Perhaps it's a problem in certain climate or storage conditions, e.g, dampish basements, humid or very hot climates, etc.

I don't think they were designed to be disassembled ;)

Do you throw out the CD cases? Doesn't that ruin the resale value (assuming you occasionally sell off CDs?)

I really haven't experienced these problems. Perhaps it's a problem in certain climate or storage conditions, e.g, dampish basements, humid or very hot climates, etc.

i am certain you are correct. they weren't designed to be disassembled. :huh:

i throw away the cases. the sleeves are madeby caselogic and fit nicely in a storage drawer. each drawerholds about 75 cd's. i have a lot of drawers! B)

i don't resell my cd's and "decant" all of them (except for my mosaics which i keep pristine, intact and unplayed except to make cdrs which i play instead) :P