Are You On Drugs?

Guest Chaney

Guest Chaney

I'm just wondering how healthy a bunch we are.

I'm 43 years old and every few months I seem to take delivery of a new ailment. Nothing serious so far, just little annoyances.

My back continues to be a problem; on again -- off again with irritable bowel syndrome; seborrheic psoriasis; hairline's receding; lines on my face; and the usual hair sprouting from new bodily environs. (OK, those last ones really aren't ailments but as I'm whining anyway...)

I also recently had my heart tested as my idiot doctor thought he heard a murmur. Tests were negative. (Negative is good, right? :blink: )

On the good side, I'm one of the eleven Americans not overweight and I have all my own teeth. Never had a cavity, as a matter of fact. :rlol

And how are you feeling today?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good health, but I don't think I lead a healthy lifestyle. I'm not overweight, but I don't eat good food; I subsist on 6 hours of sleep each night and have a sedentary white-collar job.

My cholesterol level is high, but it's good cholesterol (HDL) so far. Haven't been to the doctor in awhile.

Suffer from chronic kidney stones.

Am irritable from being tired.

Other than that, everything is okay... :excited::blink:

:rfr

:lol:

A young and active man, I'm still in pretty good shape. It is frightening how fast it goes--I can see my brothers wearing down already (4 and 6 years older), and my dad (mid-50s) has a laundry list of ailments--bad back, bad foot, bad stomach, bad teeth, bad cholesterol, bad weight...life is so punishing, so unforgiving. I suppose it may be my fate to watch my siblings and father deteriorate before I too fall victim to the inevitable physical breakdown. I'll fight it as best I can--but I also have vices like greasey food, marijuana, and alcohol. It will all catch up to me, but I live for now. Hindsight will be 20/20, if it isn't already.

I doing alright but I'm only 30. I ride my bike to work everyday and eat big salads for dinner sereval times a week. My main problem now is stress. I have a very difficult time sleeping and have noticed tighness in my upper back. I'm sure that once I finish my degree in August and am back to making more than $14,000 a year I'll be fine.

For now, though, it's pretty rough. Especially since I'm sending out apps and don't know where I'll be in September...

EDIT: By the way, if you've ever wondered why people who earn a poverty-level salary are prone to crime and violence it's because it f*cking sucks. Period.

Edited by Brandon Burke

I'm 57, I've never drunk alcohol, I spent two years on crystal meth in the early 70s, two years on valium and cocaine in the mid 70s, I've smoked dope every day for the last 25 years, I eat too much fat, I exercise.

I still float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

I need to lose weight. I lost 75lbs on Atkins last year, but then gained back 35lbs when I went off it due to somewhat compulsive eating habits. While the net loss is nice, I still need to lose about 60lbs to get to my ideal weight (which at age 27 is probably not a good thing).

Edited by vibes

Vibes...I'm largely in your shoes. I'm 29, about 60 lbs. overweight. The shitty part is that I overcame alcoholism, turned my shit around and used to work out constantly, was finally in damn good shape. Then, in the course of one year, I broke a foot, seriously sprained my back, got pneumonia, an ulser and then pluricy. All of that time spent on the couch got me smoking again, too. Not a good formula for staying in shape. Now add heartbreak and a life that seems to be pulling way too much from Paul Thomas Anderson's movies, and it makes for a mess. sigh...

I love this thread. No, seriously! I like it when people drop the pretense of being perfectly well-adjusted individuals and are able to own up to the messy side of life.

So I suppose I should step up to the plate...

Very little physical problems; I eat fairly healthy, go walking a lot and practice chi-gong almost daily. My issues are mostly emotional and related to the way the choices I've made (and continue to make) have set up certain aspects of my life. That's all I'm gonna say about that!!! :w

I love this thread. No, seriously! I like it when people drop the pretense of being perfectly well-adjusted individuals and are able to own up to the messy side of life.

Very little physical problems; I eat fairly healthy, go walking a lot and practice chi-gong almost daily. My issues are mostly emotional and related to the way the choices I've made (and continue to make) have set up certain aspects of my life. That's all I'm gonna say about that!!! :w

you say you like it when other people open up, but here you are closing yourself up to everyone, we are here for you joe, whats the problem?

you say you like it when other people open up, but here you are closing yourself up to everyone, we are here for you joe, whats the problem?

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe. That's funny.

Go listen to Life Wish. That should tell you something about me. :w

Thanks for the listening suggestion. Beautiful song; especially in combination with beer. The perfect combination to get into a nice depressive mood.

Welcome to Joe's world.

;)

Except I don't drink much beer.

I agree with Jim....

I'm 33, been a smoker since I was 14, I'm about 40 pounds overweight, I have almost no teeth left (inherited gum disease), high cholesterol (diabetes not far away, it runs in my family), bipolar disorder...etc, etc, etc,

In other words, I'm screwed.....

:rfr