How To Donate To The Organissimo Forums

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently, I made a donation to the Organissimo Forums using my credit card via Paypal. I haven't used Paypal for a number of years. I had to create a new Paypal account.

I verified my credit card by having Paypal place a $1.95 charge on my credit card and obtaining a code from my credit card statement. The Paypal site says I have a 'sending limit' on my credit card. When I sent the donation to Organissimo, my 'sending limit' went down by the amount of the donation.

My question: Is the 'sending limit' a lifetime limit? Or, does the 'sending limit' go back up after my payment to Organissimo is funded by my credit card bank?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have an older version of IE and Windows 98, sometimes that makes life hard for me. My computer is trying to crash at home so I will probably have to invest in new equipment.

I'll go for Plan B and send something to the address shown, hmm, where?

I am still using 98 (after a horrible experience with XP, which is about to be superseded anyway), and everything works dandy with it. There has been talk about it slowly becoming less and less usable, because Gates isn't supporting it anymore, but so far, so good. It is superior to XP in one very important sense: a lot of recent viruses etc. attack XP but not 98!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Did the "donate" button go bye-bye with the most recent upgrade to the board?? Or has it been AWOL for a while now, and I just didn't notice??

In any case, I've got the hankerin' to pony up, and was just wonderin'.

(This place probably don't come close to payin' for itself, and I wanna make sure I do my part.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got around to adding the donate button to the top bar. There's no $ graphic anymore, as none of other links (Live Chat Help Search Members Calendar) use icons in this version of the software.

And yes, you can always send a check if you'd like to the address on the contacts page of the website. Make checks out to me, Jim Alfredson.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

There's a new version of the board software out. Hopefully it'll solve the search engine problems. The problem seems to stem from turning "full text searching" on in the software, which greatly increases the speed of the board and is supposed to support searching with quotations, searching with "and", "or", and other variables, etc. But it obviously doesn't work on this board. I've emailed Invision several times about this and their answer is always, "Well, it should work." Yeah, well.. it doesn't.

Anyway, I'll probably update once I can sit in a chair for more than 10 minutes. In the meantime, don't forget your favorite forum board this holiday season. The monthly payments on the server have been kicking my butt lately (the CDuniverse purchases have slowed down for y'all, haven't they?)

• 2 weeks later...