How To Donate To The Organissimo Forums

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(the CDuniverse purchases have slowed down for y'all, haven't they?)

What the philosophers would refer to as a "necessary consequence" of what's being discussed in "Are jazz reissues dead?".

Then buy the Jazz Icons DVDs! :excited:

Is that what we were watching at your place the other day??? If so, I need a link bro.

:)

g

• 1 year later...

Holy Crap! I just read the thread about the possible closing back on January 1, 2008! I didn't realise we were that close to closing down. I'm really sorry I don't pay attention to the "business" side of the board. I've corrected my discrepancies by donating to the cause. This place is truly a wonderful place to visit and I'd hate to see it go. My apologies for being late to the party.

Holy Crap! I just read the thread about the possible closing back on January 1, 2008! I didn't realise we were that close to closing down. I'm really sorry I don't pay attention to the "business" side of the board. I've corrected my discrepancies by donating to the cause. This place is truly a wonderful place to visit and I'd hate to see it go. My apologies for being late to the party.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that the software is upgraded, there is a subscription service available. I'm wondering how many of y'all might be interested in such a service so instead of me bugging you once a year to donate, it can just come out yearly or monthly or whatever. I don't have much to offer in return, but I would put a cool little graphic beneath your avatar that said something like "forum supporter!" so you can feel all cool. :)

Opinions?

I think this is down to you, Jim. You know what the needs are and how they're timed. You know how you feel about coming out every year (or whenever) and saying "cough up". On the other hand, I've no doubt that some people cough more than others and it's right that we do what we feel we can.

I'd go along with whatever you feel is right - and I think most of the regulars would, too.

MG

I for one don't mind at all being reminded periodically.

Maybe there's a way with this newfangled software to set an annual pop-up reminder for members, or just send a blanket PM to all members once a year (twice a year, whatever the case).

Donation sent, btw. And thanks for making this great board available, Jim. It's not only a fun place to hang, but an invaluable resource.

James