Ordered from Dusty (bastards!) lately?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They get my money probably 2 or 3 times a month.

Those damn "New Arrival" lists they send out every Wednesday night are so enticing... :excited:

Plus they get your orders out real fast.

I also get a real kick out of their descriptions-every new week's arrivals are always "the best ever" or "beyond belief."

The only thing they do not offer are "music samples."

Oh, wait....Wednesday again

Gotta go..

Wonder what is new this week. :g

anybody know this one?

WES MONTGOMERY/ JON HENDRICKS/ MASTERSOUNDS

Good Git-Together (plus Kismet -- A Jazz Interpretation By The Mastersounds)

An obscure set of tracks -- but some really wonderful material from the catalog of Pacific Jazz Records! The first 10 tracks on the CD are from the album Good Git Together by Jon Hendricks -- a rare early non-LHR session by the jazz vocalist -- and the last 8 tracks feature The Mastersounds!

I am wondering about the "Wes content" ... ?

I just sprang for Manny Albam Jazz Greats of Our Time (who can resist that lineup?) and Hans Koller Exclusiv (which includes a hard to find Oscar Pettiford leader session which I have only as a cdr of a tape dub from a noisy vinyl. Koller is no slouch in his own right)

anybody know this one?

WES MONTGOMERY/ JON HENDRICKS/ MASTERSOUNDS

Good Git-Together (plus Kismet -- A Jazz Interpretation By The Mastersounds)

An obscure set of tracks -- but some really wonderful material from the catalog of Pacific Jazz Records! The first 10 tracks on the CD are from the album Good Git Together by Jon Hendricks -- a rare early non-LHR session by the jazz vocalist -- and the last 8 tracks feature The Mastersounds!

I am wondering about the "Wes content" ... ?

I have the LP of this. It is a great record. Wes is at the top of his game. So is Cannonball and Nat Adderley.

What's the meaning of the whole "bastards" thing? Or is it one of those if you have to ask...

It's a good-natured poke at a quality retailer whose site is impossible to visit w/o dropping some bucks.

As to who originated the phrase, I haven't a clue... :w

What's the meaning of the whole "bastards" thing? Or is it one of those if you have to ask...

It's a good-natured poke at a quality retailer whose site is impossible to visit w/o dropping some bucks.

As to who originated the phrase, I haven't a clue... :w

Sangry definitely originated it, but I've purloined it.

As soon as I first saw Jim refer to Dusty's in that manner, I instantly recognized the message. Dusty's is a great place to visit and empty your pockets (the bastards!) :g

The great thing about those bastards is that with the limited cds they have, many are difficult to find elsewhere without a lot of digging. Prices are good on some items, not so good on others. That said, I still seem to always leave there with a handful :huh: !!!

I order this kind of stuff from Turntable Lab waaaay more often than Dusty Groove. Their reviews are hilarious and they offer audio samples to boot. Look for the "Funk in the Trunk" section along the left-hand side. These guys are definately more hip hop-centric in their view of things but they know their stuff....

I stopped in to see those bastards yesterday and picked up a few new ones.

~Illinois Jacquet/Desert Winds

~Sonny Stitt/Personal Appearance

~James Moody/James Moody

~StanGetz & Chet Baker/ Live at the Haig 1953

and one by Woody Shaw on 32Jazz. The funny thing about his one is that is had two cds in it (although it's a single cd recording) and count em....two sets of liner notes....how weird is this :blink: ?

Mark

• 1 month later...