Great News for fans of the Clash!

John B

I generally agree with that sentiment, but I think Clash demos would be fun to hear - so much of their appeal is their rawness - so I am expecting good things here ... plus if there are some new titles that did not make it to the CD ...

I'm sorry, but sweet lord, how many times are they gonna hit the consumer for the same product? I'll pass. Great album, and I am happy with the current remaster.

I'm guessing they are trying to compete with Kind of Blue for the overall title.

I never upgraded from my early '80s cd, so this will definitely be a purchase for me.

I'm sorry, but sweet lord, how many times are they gonna hit the consumer for the same product? I'll pass. Great album, and I am happy with the current remaster.

I'm with you Stefan. Should I suddenly win a billion dollars, then maybe I'll get the thing. Otherwise, I've got other things to spend my money on. Like rent.

I'm sorry, but sweet lord, how many times are they gonna hit the consumer for the same product?  I'll pass.  Great album, and I am happy with the current remaster.

I'm with you Stefan. Should I suddenly win a billion dollars, then maybe I'll get the thing. Otherwise, I've got other things to spend my money on. Like rent.

Okay, but there's no need to get self righteous about it. There's a market for this release, and you don't belong to that market. It's not a personal insult, after all.

I myself never got around to picking up London Calling on CD, so I'll grab this version. You don't have to. So, what's the problem?

I'm sorry, but sweet lord, how many times are they gonna hit the consumer for the same product?  I'll pass.  Great album, and I am happy with the current remaster.

Okay, but there's no need to get self righteous about it. There's a market for this release, and you don't belong to that market. It's not a personal insult, after all.

I myself never got around to picking up London Calling on CD, so I'll grab this version. You don't have to. So, what's the problem?

I didn't think I WAS being self-righteous. I just gave my honest, personal, reaction, one that applies to me only. If anyone else wants to get the thing, hey, I say go for it! Woo-hoo! Yowza! I'm personally pleased that there are still people out there who remember the Clash, and if some are fans enough to buy this thing, I have one word for them: EXCELLENT! :tup:tup

(But I need to save up for the SCTV box set. :( )

• 2 months later...

I just saw this posted on another board and it made me laugh:

"Michelangelo Matos had a great line about this (The Clash demos) in this week's Time Out New York (Babbo is one of the most delicious restaurants in NYC, FYI, fancy Italian):

"comparing the demos with the finished album is like choosing between dinner at Babbo and the Twinkie you accidentally sat on.""