Sinatra... Capitol... AGAIN!

Guest Chaney

Guest Chaney

In case anyone in interested, apparently another box set containing Sinatra's Capitol albums has been released:

Frank Sinatra:  The Capitol Concept Albums

For the first time ever ( :huh: ), you can own the ultimate music collection from the greatest vocalist in history - Frank Sinatra: The Concept Albums. 14 CDs with 189 songs from the Capitol years, all of them specifically chosen by Sinatra himself and put together to tell the story that he intended.

These concept albums represent the most innovative and transforming period in music history, the pinnacle of Frank Sinatra's career. A time that will never be repeated, but can be relived again and again because now, Frank Sinatra: The Concept Albums is available, but only through this exclusive offer.

This Collector's Edition will not be available in stores, so click below to order or call

1-800-785-9996

Set Includes 14 compact discs, 20 page picture booklet with behind-the-scenes photos and quips from the Sinatra era at Capitol Records, and a specially-designed collector's storage box.

$119.92 (9.95 S&H)

The Capitol Concept Albums

I really can't see myself buying this material AGAIN but does anyone know anything about this set?

Well it doesn't have the extra tracks that appeared on the earlier releases- it's the official releases from back in the 50s and 60s......looking at "Close to You" it doesn't have "Flaw in My Flue".....

No need to buy unless you don't have any of them-

I'm still keeping the ones that were issued in the late 80s-early 90s.

When will Pal Joey, Can-Can and High Society be issued??

This doesn't seem to be an "official" EMI project. www.800tvmusic.com?

Here'a their address from the site's FAQ page:

Sinatra Concept Albums

P.O. Box 17070

Colorado Springs, CO 80935

email is customerservice@c-music.com

Definitely sounds like a licensing job to me.

Edited by JSngry

I do have four Sinatra cds . . .sort of. The one at the Sands with Basie. The Francis A. and Eddward K. one. The one with Jobim. And a Tommy Dorsey Clambake one that he sings on a few selections.

I would say the Jobim is the best of the lot. I enjoy his singing on the Dorsey better than his Capitol era singing. I hate the one with the Ellington band with outside arrangement. And the one with Basie at the Sands has its moments both ways.

Don't spin these too often.

The one at the Sands with Basie.

This live date is my favorite Sinatra album. I have a mono LP copy and recently was able to do an a/b with a new version (it's not my copy and was either DVD Audio or SACD) at a friend's place who has a very high end system. We came away feeling that they did an excellent job remastering it. While we both preferred the way Sinatra's voice projected on the mono LP, there was nothing wrong with the new remastering. It caught everything faithfully. I know this isn't exactly on the topic of the thread, but thought I'd share since Sinatra fans will probably be reading this.

This live date is my favorite Sinatra album. I have a mono LP copy and recently was able to do an a/b with a new version (it's not my copy and was either DVD Audio or SACD) at a friend's place who has a very high end system. We came away feeling that they did an excellent job remastering it. While we both preferred the way Sinatra's voice projected on the mono LP, there was nothing wrong with the new remastering. It caught everything faithfully. I know this isn't exactly on the topic of the thread, but thought I'd share since Sinatra fans will probably be reading this.

Good to hear they did all right by the sound, but let's be honest folks, don't we all love it more for the JOKES than for the music?

:g

BruceH Posted on Jun 27 2004, 04:24 PM

QUOTE (ajf67 @ Jun 26 2004, 09:32 PM)

Good to hear they did all right by the sound, but let's be honest folks, don't we all love it more for the JOKES than for the music?

Oh I disagree. I think the Basie band really swings and Sinatra is in good voice and energized by the crowd. I think the fact that it's a live performance adds extra spark to the tunes. They're sort of "extra-Sinatra-ized" The jokes help too of course...