Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/12/2018 at 2:49 PM, mjzee said:

gd_pacificnorthwest_key_artsmall.jpg?152

PACIFIC NORTHWEST73-74: THE COMPLETRECORDINGS BOXED SET

WHAT'S INSIDE:
6 Complete Shows On 19 Discs
• 6/22/73 P.N.E. Coliseum, Vancouver, B.C.
• 6/24/73 Portland Memorial Coliseum, Portland, OR
• 6/26/73 Seattle Center Arena, Seattle, WA
• 5/17/74 P.N.E. Coliseum, Vancouver, B.C.
• 5/19/74 Portland Memorial Coliseum, Portland, OR
• 5/21/74 Hec Edmundson Pavilion, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Mastered in HDCD from the original master tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Mockingbird Mastering
Masters transferred and restored by Plangent Processes
Original Art by First Nations Artist Roy Henry Vickers
Photos by Richie Pechner
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000

Immediate order. Fired Up!!

• 1 month later...

sold out in 1 hr, 15 min.  Funny everyone wants to rip on 1983 and then BOOM.  Its as simple as this: group sound that year was new enough to bring new life to the classics.  The Yamaha GS-1 is center to this.  Someone was hating on me on the announcement talking about jerry frog throat.  There is only like a handful (small handful) of shows im uncomfortable with cause of j.f.t and none of them are even in 1983

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DaP 2019 scrip open, and though the opening salvo is a brute classic - Swing '77, one of my top 5 performances from a top 5 year - I'm simply fatigued by the density of releases from even preferred 70s' tours; moreover, recent shows outside the comfort zone have ranged from poor (#20) to unexceptional (#27).  I suspect my appetite for new Dead can now be sated with prospective box sets, if desired, based on the higher degree of quality required to market a non-subscription (albeit limited), high ticket item.  It seems most participants on the Dead boards/threads are too close to see the specious fog of rationalization that both acknowledges the increasing hit-or-miss and duplicative nature of the series while justifying re-subscription based on affordability. 

Then again, the community picked up a lot of new members with FTW in '15 who don't have everything - or nearly so - that's been released and no longer affordable in physical format, for whom any 72/73/74/77 shows are unqualifiedly positive additions to collections.  

https://store.dead.net/dave-s-picks-2019-subscription.html

EDIT:  I suppose I mentioned it somewhere else, but I've been moving west with Phish since Hampton last week and just concluded two shows during my inaugural visit to Nashville on Tues/Wed; though I hit all the prominent places (incl. Music Row, CMHOF, Cash Museum) and even had breakfast at Loveless Café, the high point of my touristy endeavors - outside 2 really good P performances - was the Frist art museum, which is currently hosting a 1900 Paris Exposition themed exhibit through early January.  Given the way they edged in toward me, I suspect I made the omnipresent security personnel anxious with my nose-to-canvas admiration of stuff, esp. a couple Gervex works.  Clothing, furniture, early film, and jewelry from the era as well.  It would be well worth the trip if such things - perhaps with further online investigation - interest you.  Moreover, if you haven't visited Centennial Park and the full-scale recreation of the Parthenon - do so as well (they're just down Broadway/West End from Frist).  On to the Allstate in Rosemont!

Edited by Kate

23 minutes ago, Kate said:

DaP 2019 scrip open, and though the opening salvo is a brute classic - Swing '77, one of my top 5 performances from a top 5 year - I'm simply fatigued by the density of releases from even preferred 70s' tours; moreover, recent shows outside the comfort zone have ranged from poor (#20) to unexceptional (#27).  I suspect my appetite for new Dead can now be sated with prospective box sets, if desired, based on the higher degree of quality required to market a non-subscription (albeit limited), high ticket item.  It seems most participants on the Dead boards/threads are too close to see the specious fog of rationalization that both acknowledges the increasing hit-or-miss and duplicative nature of the series while justifying re-subscription based on affordability. 

Then again, the community picked up a lot of new members with FTW in '15 who don't have everything - or nearly so - that's been released and no longer affordable in physical format, for whom any 72/73/74/77 shows are unqualifiedly positive additions to collections.  

EDIT:  I suppose I mentioned it somewhere else, but I've been moving west with Phish since Hampton last week and just concluded two shows during my inaugural visit to Nashville on Tues/Wed; though I hit all the prominent places (incl. Music Row, CMHOF, Cash Museum) and even had breakfast at Loveless Café, the high point of my touristy endeavors - outside 2 really good P performances - was the Frist art museum, which is currently hosting a 1900 Paris Exposition themed exhibit through early January.  Given the way they edged in toward me, I suspect I made the omnipresent security personnel anxious with my nose-to-canvas admiration of stuff, esp. a couple Gervex works.  Clothing, furniture, early film, and jewelry from the era as well.  It would be well worth the trip if such things - perhaps with further online investigation - interest you.  Moreover, if you haven't visited Centennial Park and the full-scale recreation of the Parthenon - do so as well (they're just down Broadway/West End from Frist).  On to the Allstate in Rosemont!

Thanks for the heads-up, Kate.  I've been feeling the same sort of fatigue.  I think I will skip this subscription; if I get the itch, I can always download some Download Series or Europe 72 dates I don't already have.

3 hours ago, Kate said:

I’m all in. Hoping that we get some rare 1970 & maybe a late 72 show as well. Very happy to get to hear 2/26/77 with the end of set 2 from 2/27/77. I was not happy with Dave’s 27 - awful cassette sound & a sloppy performance (or 26 or 22 for that matter - not a fan of late 71) but I’m more fired up about The Dead than ever. Good start for 2019 and I’m looking forward to the 1976 show that is Dave’s 28 which should arrive by this weekend. 

t

On 10/26/2018 at 8:41 PM, Steve Reynolds said:

I’m all in. Hoping that we get some rare 1970 & maybe a late 72 show as well.

My hunch is that the # of pre-1972 concerts in their vault is pretty minimal.  If they did have some, they'd be saved for wider release than a Dave's Picks.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:21 AM, mjzee said:

My hunch is that the # of pre-1972 concerts in their vault is pretty minimal.  If they did have some, they'd be saved for wider release than a Dave's Picks.

I used to be a member of a GD site that posted a huge number of the soundboards.  I seem to recall that there were soundboards for most of the shows beginning in the second half of 1970.  

9 minutes ago, John L said:

I used to be a member of a GD site that posted a huge number of the soundboards.  I seem to recall that there were soundboards for most of the shows beginning in the second half of 1970.  

Lots of soundboards from 1969 but few from 1970 as Bear went off to jail and they didn’t tape many shows - too bad since mid to late 1970 was a very strong period for their live performances.

9 hours ago, Steve Reynolds said:

Lots of soundboards from 1969 but few from 1970 as Bear went off to jail and they didn’t tape many shows - too bad since mid to late 1970 was a very strong period for their live performances.

Thanks for that correction.  My memory must be failing me. 

Meanwhile, there were only 13 Download Series releases, but 4 of them were pre-1971: DLS2 (1/18/70), DLS6 (3/17/68), DLS Family Dog (2/4/70), and DLS12 (4/17/69).

On a separate note, does anyone know how one can acquire the two Road Trips Full Show downloads?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Trips_Full_Show:_Spectrum_11/5/79 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Trips_Full_Show:_Spectrum_11/6/79