jazzbo

The Grateful Dead Dark Star

2,762 posts in this topic

Indeed. . . '65 to '73 are the best years for me.

7 hours ago, mjzee said:

Looks like the deadlists.com website is offline.  Hope it doesn't mean anything.

The last listing in the Wayback Machine is July 7.  But none of the links (to specific years, etc.) work!  I fear this valuable resource may be now lost to us.

I do like those fall 72 Dark Stars.    I am still resisting as I have boxes of HQ soundboards from GD trading circles on CDr that sit mostly unplayed these days.  Currently listening to 7.27/74 set from Roanoke.  It's missing the Encore..a '74 Eyes, but I am sure I'll be asleep by then!!

All in - very excited to hear these 7 shows - the legendary 10/18/72 show is one I’ve avoided listening to as I’ve expected an official release for a while. The 10/29 & 10/30/73 shows are from the sweetest of sweet spots in Dead history - maybe only late November & December 73 are more melty. Keith’s peak is summer through winter 73. Plus look at those set lists on the 72 & 73 shows?!? 3 Bird Songs on the 3 Fox Theatre 72 shows plus the amazing jam sequences on all 5 of the 72 & 73 shows. I’m less enamored with late 71 as Keith was finding his way but word is that 12/10/71 is a very hot show. 

On 7/22/2021 at 9:10 PM, mjzee said:

The last listing in the Wayback Machine is July 7.  But none of the links (to specific years, etc.) work!  I fear this valuable resource may be now lost to us.

It appears to be back online now. Must've just been a temporary glitch.

On 7/22/2021 at 0:08 AM, Steve Reynolds said:

All in - very excited to hear these 7 shows - the legendary 10/18/72 show is one I’ve avoided listening to as I’ve expected an official release for a while. The 10/29 & 10/30/73 shows are from the sweetest of sweet spots in Dead history - maybe only late November & December 73 are more melty. Keith’s peak is summer through winter 73. Plus look at those set lists on the 72 & 73 shows?!? 3 Bird Songs on the 3 Fox Theatre 72 shows plus the amazing jam sequences on all 5 of the 72 & 73 shows. I’m less enamored with late 71 as Keith was finding his way but word is that 12/10/71 is a very hot show. 

Not a lot of jams. But 10/18 was the one! Get the stand-alone if you don’t get the box. 
I think they shot themselves in the foot, though. Now there are 5 or 6 (?) fall 71 shows officially out and same with 72. Those would have made better boxes. Yes Keith was finding his way in 71, but he found it damn quick. By 72, he was fully integrated. 

1 hour ago, Dave Garrett said:

It appears to be back online now. Must've just been a temporary glitch.

It's not opening for me.  I'll keep trying.

On 7/24/2021 at 6:09 PM, mjzee said:

It's not opening for me.  I'll keep trying.

I don't think it's back online.

On 7/26/2021 at 4:08 PM, mjzee said:

I don't think it's back online.

Weird. I just checked it again and it's working fine from where I sit. Also checked their FB page and there's no indication of an outage there - admittedly, they post infrequently there, but there's a post from Tuesday. 

If you have access to a VPN, maybe try it from a different IP address?

6 minutes ago, Dave Garrett said:

Weird. I just checked it again and it's working fine from where I sit. Also checked their FB page and there's no indication of an outage there - admittedly, they post infrequently there, but there's a post from Tuesday. 

If you have access to a VPN, maybe try it from a different IP address?

Huh.  Thanks for the tip.  It still doesn't work with Safari on my Mac, but it does work with Brave.  I'm glad they're not gone.

1 minute ago, mjzee said:

Huh.  Thanks for the tip.  It still doesn't work with Safari on my Mac, but it does work with Brave.  I'm glad they're not gone.

I was trying it in Chrome, and just tried it in Firefox. It did not work in Firefox, but I did notice that the likely reason for that is that the connection isn't secure (http instead of https). Could be that your install of Safari is configured to only connect to sites using https?

Very possibly so, which I suppose is a good thing in most circumstances.