The Grateful Dead Dark Star

jazzbo

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I removed it from my post, although only WorldB3 has the power to remove it from his.

I didn't think much of it, particularly since that link has already been provided many times on this thread.

I took away the link. Thanks.

I will talk to Steve Silberman this week and see if there is a update on the 73 Winterland Box.

To clarify: what Speeding Arrow does not want is a direct link to the files, which HAS NOT BEEN POSTED HERE, and which is only available to registered members (and which does not remain static).

Edited by jazzbo

To clarify: what Speeding Arrow does not want is a direct link to the files, which HAS NOT BEEN POSTED HERE, and which is only available to registered members (and which does not remain static).

That is what I understood as well. It has become quite a large site and forum for Dead lovers. I didn't think that there were any secrets about it.

That is what I understood as well. It has become quite a large site and forum for Dead lovers. I didn't think that there were any secrets about it.

Apparently not anymore - Rhino has unleashed their lawyers. The files are already gone, and the site owner has indicated he intends to take the domain offline as well.

The Dead selling their entire live catalog to Rhino has got to be one of the most fan-unfriendly things ever done to such a loyal fan base.

I was just starting to dig through all of that stuff, too. I guess it'll save room for more important things on my hard drive. At least I got a handful of really good sounding '69 shows before it closed down. Sad.

Well it's gone....a lot of good info vanished- that sucks.

If true that really blows.

I have enough shows from there to last me but the information on it was a great resource and I met some cool people there.

I hope it comes back just so ahopkins and eematz can finish the great reviews they were doing on the 74 tour. It was worthy of a book.

Edited by WorldB3

What did you get for your extra set?? :rolleyes:

I wish I had an extra set. I wish I had gotten one of them. Their site was down when I tried to order the 69 fillmore set on a Friday, and the next Monday, they were sold out. Man, was I steamed. I still don't know why they insisted upon making it limited. Seems to go against what the band is about. I bet it would have sold out at 20,000, even.

So, what I was hoping to do is somehow get one of those 69 Fillmore sets. And not for the $300+ that they seem to go for on ebay. :eye:

I got the three-disc distilled version from Rhino, but it ain't the same. :(