jazzbo

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SQ is very good.

I went to see the Grateful Dead movie last night. Sad to say that when I paid for the tickets, I said: "Two seniors for the Grateful Dead".

Hey, there's no shame in that!

Hope it was better attended than the showing I went to on the first "GD Movie day." And really, I think they just broadcast the DVD for the movie itself. And the sound was great until someone who kept shouting "turn it up" went out and convinced someone to turn it up. It then had a steely digital sound and was a bit too loud.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

16 years? It's amazing how time flies. Jerry Garcia was certainly one of a kind. Fortunately, he also might have been the most recorded artist in history. So there are almost endless opportunities to continue to connect with him musically. That is something that I love to do on a regular basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke too soon:

Track list

They did a nice job of providing tracks from shows that weren't as widely circulated as others from this tour. Either that or they looked at my collection and picked out songs from the 1/2 dozen shows I don't have. ;) The Dark Star > Other One is an especially sweet combo to put on this highly affordable set. :tup

• 4 weeks later...

Great news about Europe '72 shows:

You clamored. You cried. You called so loudly for single shows from the much-touted tour of '72, we had no choice but to listen! We're proud to announce that we'll be releasing all 22 Europe '72 shows individually, in the order that they occurred, by the end of the calendar year. So if you missed the chance to buy the big one, wanted to collect them all without breaking the bank in one fell swoop, or you're just starting to hear how amazing these shows really sound... you can now get on the bus with first 6 shows from Wembley, Newcastle, Aarhus, and Tivoli. Next stop: Germany and France.

Great news about Europe '72 shows:

You clamored. You cried. You called so loudly for single shows from the much-touted tour of '72, we had no choice but to listen! We're proud to announce that we'll be releasing all 22 Europe '72 shows individually, in the order that they occurred, by the end of the calendar year.

Very nice! I couldn't justify buying the whole shebang as I already have all but 5 and so many haven't been played in many years. But I can see buying a few that I haven't heard and possibly upgrading a couple I have.

Edited by Quincy

Weren't some of these already available as Dick's Picks or as individual releases (Steppin' Out, Rockin' the Rhein, etc.)?

Technically they weren't Dick's Picks as that series was limited to shows that were 2 track. Europe was multi-tracked. Rockin' is the only complete show released from Europe. 100 Year Hall got the "good stuff" but is incomplete.

To assist with what from Europe (or any other period) has been officially released this site is very helpful as it does it by date & venue.

Edited by Quincy