AAJ Jazz Birthday Center - 3,500+ and going strong

Is this board becoming a freaking billboard for AAJ????

How is this being tolerated when the mere mention of this site on his board results in the immediate deletion of the offending message?????

(Yes, I know, this SPAMMER allows organissimo messages regarding technical difficulties)

I’m developing several systems that contain exit points from AAJ (musician center, birthday center, etc.) to a musician’s website. All AAJ pages index high at Google, so though the birthday system may not appear to be a big deal on the surface, it’s still well worth being listed.

I didn’t mention the Musician Center, but I should have...

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/musician_center.php

There are some immediate benefits to be listed and several long term. It’s free.

Edited by xricci

Totally unfair, Dan. I really don't see your objection to this. Both boards serve different purposes, offer different things, and can coexist peacefully...

Well, let's see ... Ricci is trying to drive traffic to his commercial site.

What would happen if we tried to drive traffic the other way by posting anything positive about organissimo? What if we posted something about Blindfold Tests or AOTW or Babes (drawn and photo'd)?

We know what would happen. Ricci would delete the thread or post.

Seems to me Ricci is taking advantage of Jim's admirable "free speech at all costs" position to drive traffic to his site. His commercial site.

OK, maybe birthday announcements aren't so bad, but after spamming his upcoming release listing, at the expense of an honorable, respected member of this community, I see no reason to take kindly to more AAJ promotion.

Once again...no comment

Dan

_________

Be courteous, kind and forgiving

Be gentle and peaceful each day

Be warm and human and grateful

And have a good thing to say

Be thoughtful and trustful and childlike

Be witty and happy and wise

Be honest and love all your neighbors

Be obsequious, purple and clairvoyant

Once again...no comment

Dan

_________

Be courteous, kind and forgiving

Be gentle and peaceful each day

Be warm and human and grateful

And have a good thing to say

Be thoughtful and trustful and childlike

Be witty and happy and wise

Be honest and love all your neighbors

Be obsequious, purple and clairvoyant

No comment, PD, but here's a fucking clue:

Its a Steve Martin comedy routine, not a personal code of conduct.

Here's your big hint:

"Be obsequious, purple and clairvoyant."

I don't see why there should be such animosity between the two sites.. although I doubt that it is between the principals. It seems to be a board member thing.. except it appears to be uni directional.

Seems you've forgotten how AAJ became the main refugee when the BNBB went down.

It's true that we were recieved with some negative reaction, but you seem to have forgotten how Mike went out of his way to make the board fit the image " demanded" by the ex BNBBers.

I can accept that he did it because he didn't want to lose all the new business he had suddenly inherited

I think it was somewhat rude of those who then "deserted" his board when Jim established this one, but Jim had every right to start a board too.

I have no idea why Dan is so against AAJ.. I have seen his posts there which often were little more than trying to entice people to leave that board for this one. They seemed to contain liberal doses of Dan's venom.

Perhaps Mike or someone deleted those posts.

I doubt that posts referring to activities at Org. would recieve the same treatment,

I use both boards, they are the best two that exist, and can see no reason why they can't both be a valuable resource to those who wander around the Jazz internet.

They both have there own characteristics. I have said before that I think this one has a greater range of interesting topics, but it does have a bit of a clique-ish ' In Crowd" feel which I think might be something of a deterent to newcomers.

As for the other thread... I prefer Jazzmatazz as a source for new info.

I also like beer almost as much as Catesta ( if that is possible)

BUT I drink more than one brand.

I also like beer  almost as much as Catesta ( if that is possible)

BUT I drink more than one brand.

Hey, what's that supposed to mean? :g

You know I spread the wealth and indulge in all flavors.

Besides, couw drinks way more beer than I do, it's evident in his posts. ;)

Edited by catesta

Seems you've forgotten how AAJ became the main refugee when the BNBB went down.

It's true that we were recieved with some negative reaction, but you seem to have forgotten how Mike went out of his way to make the board fit the image " demanded" by the ex BNBBers.

I never forget that.

And in which direction, PD, does the "posts about other bulletin boards will not be tolerated" dictate flow???????

This is not the policy anymore. Mike made a mistake and he corrected it. He has no problem allowing me to post about Organissimo's downtime and has repeatedly invited me to do so.

We all make mistakes.

And in which direction, PD, does the "posts about other bulletin boards will not be tolerated" dictate flow???????

This is not the policy anymore. Mike made a mistake and he corrected it. He has no problem allowing me to post about Organissimo's downtime and has repeatedly invited me to do so.

We all make mistakes.

Word.

We all make mistakes.

I didn't mean to cast any negative ideas about either board. Sorry if you took it that way Jim.

Standing in the shower I thought about the post and actually it seems to me that only on ORG member really is aggresively against AAJ and it is not the general attitude of the community as a whole.

No need to discuss this further.

HOWEVER I did mean EVERYTHING I said about Catesta's beer habits.. which I will talk about at great length where and whenever the need arises.

Thanks, P.D.

I can accept that he did it because he didn't want to lose all the new business he had suddenly inherited

It had more to do with the suggestions. They were all solid, they made perfect sense to me, and the guys who asked for them were cool. I had the time so I made the changes. Those suggestions also improved the board.

There are still some ex-BNBBers at AAJ. Many of them represent the core group.

Edited by xricci

HOWEVER I did mean EVERYTHING I said about Catesta's beer habits.. which I will talk about at great length where and whenever  the need arises.

That's enough out of you. <_<

I always wonder how the guy can type straight with all that beer in his tummy and all the bottles strewn about his keyboard. Amazing! :rhappy:

We all make mistakes.

Yes, you're allowed to post on the status of the server.

But no one can speak of Organissimo, or Jazz Corner, for that matter, otherwise.

HOWEVER I did mean EVERYTHING I said about Catesta's beer habits.. which I will talk about at great length where and whenever  the need arises.

I always wonder how the guy can type straight with all that beer in his tummy and all the bottles strewn about his keyboard. Amazing! :rhappy:

He has all those women to type for him, you know...

He has all those women to type for him, you know...

You mean to tell me Catesta is actually sitting with his feet up on a desk, quaffing down beers, and dictating all of his posts to a bevy of beautiful women who dutifully type his every word into the computer, all the while gazing at him with looks of reverence and adoration?

What a life! ^_^