AAJ's "Upcoming Releases" Center is Now Live

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Lankin is a helluva good guy (he?s also local, so I?ve met him in person a few times). I approached him about collaborating on the system, but it unfortunately didn?t work out.

You don?t have to choose one over the other, as I?m sure Alan will have listings that you won?t find at AAJ and vice versa.

True, he did approach me. I replied after a few days, offering to collaborate. He declined my offer, saying he found some other guys to do it. I also no longer see a link to my site.

Alan,

Check your emails. We exchanged messages on 5/21 and you told me you’d take a look at it and get back to me. The next time I heard from you was on 5/31.

Charlie Dahan already managed a reissues calendar and he wanted to post the reissue titles. I was looking for you to post the new stuff. Between 5/21-31 John Kelman volunteered to enter the new titles.

When you wrote back I asked the two guys if they needed help and they said they had it under control.

Mike

P.S. Mike Fitzgerald: next to Dan Gould, I think you're AAJ's biggest fan.

Edited by xricci

Guest Chaney

A suggestion: For the sake of convenience, how about a link from the main page of this board to JAZZMATAZZ? I'm guesing that we're all pretty frequent visitors to Alan's site so why not? It could also serve as a reminder to use the click-thru on Alan's site when placing orders with, let's say, CD Universe.

(Not meant as a dig to AAJ.)

A suggestion: For the sake of convenience, how about a link from the main page of this board to JAZZMATAZZ? I'm guesing that we're all pretty frequent visitors to Alan's site so why not? It could also serve as a reminder to use the click-thru on Alan's site when placing orders with, let's say, CD Universe.

Great idea - why don't you PM B3-er?

A suggestion:  For the sake of convenience, how about a link from the main page of this board to JAZZMATAZZ?  I'm guesing that we're all pretty frequent visitors to Alan's site so why not?  It could also serve as a reminder to use the click-thru on Alan's site when placing orders with, let's say, CD Universe.

Great idea - why don't you PM B3-er?

Yup, this would be a great idea. Can't think of a better jazz resource on the web.

It's done on a shoestring and I produce it from my home. Believe me, it aint glamorous behind the scenes—you can ask Shawn.

True! I made my personal journey late last May.

What at trip! My flight arrived and I was immediately whisked away by personal bodyguards into a bulletin board-proof limousine where I was entertained by two massive-chested, spectacular-assed southern belles with no sense of right or wrong and just enough drive time to prove it. I wish I could have busied myself with various naughty actions without FitzGenius shouting his version of jazz history through the chauffeur’s partition.

Subservient mutes immaculately maintain Mike’s neighborhood, solid gold spittoons anchor each sidewalk corner and his home dwarfs the neighboring mansions of lower society. His “ThinkTank” is mind-blowing. Here more than 500 employees mill about ingesting complimentary controlled substances while producing allaboutjazz’s content. Trained seals open kickback checks, who bark approval and clap flippers to announce each additional 100k…

Sounds good, no? Truth is, Mike leads a pretty spartan lifestyle. Small home made in, what? the 50s? on an equally frugal piece of land. His “office” is comprised of nothing more than a single desk dominated by a PC. Well, that and a couple of shelves full of CDs ’n’ stuff.

For what it’s worth, of course.

Truth is, Mike leads a pretty spartan lifestyle. Small home made in, what? the 50s? on an equally frugal piece of land. His “office” is comprised of nothing more than a single desk dominated by a PC. Well, that and a couple of shelves full of CDs ’n’ stuff.

Hmmmm...., interesting.

Then what the hell is this all about? :rmad:

xricci.jpg

Care to revise your statement? <_<

Truth is, Mike leads a pretty spartan lifestyle. Small home made in, what? the 50s? on an equally frugal piece of land. His “office” is comprised of nothing more than a single desk dominated by a PC. Well, that and a couple of shelves full of CDs ’n’ stuff.

Hmmmm...., interesting.

Then what the hell is this all about? :rmad:

xricci.jpg

Does Clifton live above the garage on the left?

Oops! Caught in another lie.

Thankfully Mike’s personal physicians were simply fabulous at curing my recurrent STDs and as a parting gift, Mike deposited $3.7 million in my bank account.

Oh, and that bungalow above the garage belongs to clifton’s wardrobe.