AAJ's "Upcoming Releases" Center is Now Live

aaj is a website. people define a website in many ways. aaj also has a bulletin board. the website has many, many sections: some resources and guides, some editorial, some visual, some tools for professionals (musicians, publicists, record labels, etc.). the site is not a magazine adapted for the web--it's a website with a community-minded/social purpose. traffic at the website will top one million readers in october (and that doesn't include bulletin board traffic). the site's reach is a culmination of 11 years of building and expanding. i can easily list 100+ contributors, programmers, photographers, musicians, publicists and readers who have been directly responsible for aaj's continued growth. the site serves the fans (from new to knowledgeable) and the musicians.

every site like aaj's needs a bulletin board. though with the MY AAJ system we now allow members to start threads and post comments directly to an article.

aaj's bulletin board, whether you like it or not, is very popular, but it's small potatoes next to the website.

as far as boards go, i obviously like aaj's, but i like the org board too (and not just because there are many cross-posters). i haven't spent much time on the JC board, though i think a few aaj website contributors post there.

Edited by xricci

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Jazzmatazz is for all intents abandoned, looks like AAJ is the best and only game in town for info on upcoming release, so I'm grateful for it.

I'm actually hoping the upcoming page can be expanded to fill the void created by the loss of Jazzmatazz, by adding known releases farther into the future and adding expected, but not precisely scheduled releases.

Jazz Corner Speakeasy may be many things, but a religious experience based on an outpouring of divine love, it ain't.