Berigan's Signature Image

Dan Gould

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have noticed that "berigan" often uses Bush regime tactics. Since his posts generally are without substance (or childish to the extreme), he will adopt animated avatars and attention-getting signatures. The main objective seems to be to get noticed, and he has accomplished that. :g

Occasionally, he will chime in about (white) jazz people, but only occasionally.

I couldn't agree with Lon more. In fact, if anything he didn't make the point strongly enough. This is the kind of thing that led to the demise of the BNBB and what does this kind of image have to do with jazz discussions. I frankly find it puerile and stupid and I'm sure it offends a lot of people. There's no place for it here and judging by the poll numbers, most seem to agree. :angry: :angry:

Yeah, I'm a ten-year-old. Right.

Yes Lon, you are....You truly remind me of a grade-schooler with a grudge...

You got mad at me at the AAJ, for daring to joke that I had had sex with Norah Jones.... Here is the semi funny remarks that so angered Lon and first got me called...shutter, a 12 year old. Yes, Mosaic, please put out a complete Herman Columbia set! I hear Norah is quite the big fan! In fact, she just told me the other day after we had sex, that if Mosaic didn't put out a Herman set, a Jack Pettis set, a Boswell sisters set, AND a Annette Hanshaw set, she was going to quit Bluenote!!!no, I didn't call her a 20 dollar an hour whore, just made a remark. Funny, Chris A. can call Condoleezza Rice a Skeeza, a whore, yet that 70+ year old isn't called a 12 year old by Lon. Wonder why???

Oh that's right, Lon holds a grudge forever! Why?? Well, the fascinating :rolleyes: story is that a long time ago, on a board far, far away, I dared to comment that I wanted to punch Michael Moore in the nose! No, I did not wish he would have a heart attack and die, or that I would like to slit his throat, I said I wanted to punch him in the nose!!! Oh, the humanity! I am a violent man with a hair trigger temper!That really got stuck in Lon's craw! A few months later, I PM the guy to tell him about a cd, and I get a message back saying he didn't want to associate with people who want to hurt someone he admired(Moore)

Now, what was it that pushed me to say I wanted to punch Moore? Well, someone had posted an article from England, from someone who saw Moore's one man show. If the passengers had included black men, he(Moore) claimed, those killers, with their puny bodies and unimpressive small knives, would have been crushed by the dudes, who as we all know take no disrespect from anybody. Now, I ask you, who should be more upset, Lon, at me for saying I would like to punch Moore in the nose, Or me at Lon for admiring Moore even after insulting DEAD MURDER VICTIMS, AND THEIR FAMILIES??? Lon, you have never once addressed what he said. Do you find that it tickled your funny bone? Did it seem to be in good taste? I bet you that some family members really did hear about his hatful remarks about their loved ones. How does that make you feel? Norah is never going to see my remarks, but I need to grow up. I post a old woman getting her boobs held, by her husband I might add, no nipples showing, and that is just terrible! makes perfect sense to me!

Look in the mirror Lon! You need to grow up! Some people are liberals, others will be conservatives! Hold both groups to the same standard you claim to have...

I couldn't agree with Lon more.  In fact, if anything he didn't make the point strongly enough.  This is the kind of thing that led to the demise of the BNBB and what does this kind of image have to do with jazz discussions.  I frankly find it puerile and stupid and I'm sure it offends a lot of people.  There's no place for it here and judging by the poll numbers, most seem to agree. :angry: :angry:

Brad, I just fail to see how it could offend a lot of people! I laughed out loud when I saw it, thought there was something genuine about it, thought others might as well. I was only going to have it up for a day or two, then saw this thread, and how some reacted to it. Now it is staying, at least thru the week-end. This image is not going to bring down a board, a board not run by a business(OK, you could say it is run by a business, but not a big one!)

Funny, how some on the left always want to censor folks, or force them to censor themselves if they disagee with someone's views. Well, image wise at least. Words are a different thing altogether. People can say Fuck, shit, whatever on this board, and we are supposed to be adults and able to handle it, but post a non-nude photo in your signature line, and all hell breaks loose. If there were 12 year olds here, it would be different, though how many here would still want to use any and all language anyway, saying they know the words anyway?

I wonder how many would complain about Andres Serrano's Piss Christ used in a signature line...nah, that's "Art"

Edited by BERIGAN