Berigan's Signature Image

Dan Gould

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, regardless of the content of the picture, I think that images in signatures are a pain in the ass. I don't care for this one, sure, but I didn't care for the pac-man one either.

Somebody said it up above, that Avatar's should provide more than enough repetitive graphical content for anyone's needs.

BERIGAN, if you like that picture that we're voting on so much, make it your Avatar.

Or better yet, I wish the board moderators could disable graphics from signatures.

IMHO... <_<

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berigan, thanks for continuing to prove my point. The statements you make ARE childish. Your attention-seeking IS childish. I've decided to not sit mute when you insult Norah Jones or threaten Michael Moore. But then again, I'm just feeding your attention-seeking, so perhaps I will stop.

I don't hold a grudge forever, far from it. I could be one of the most accepting persons and forgiving persons you may encounter. I'm just calling your spades spades. For your information, I choose NOT to discuss Michael Moore's statement with you because your attitude and your postings about this and other things would be childish and violent. Ditto for why I won't mention what I think of Chris's statement about Condoleza and to tell you the truth I hadn't even known he made that statement. I read very few political threads because the tacit agreement with the imperialist stance and oligarchic trends of this present administration I found within them repelled me!

I'd rather not see that avatar, and this thread is about polling opinion on your avatar. It looks like something a twelve-year-old puts out in front of a group and goes "tee hee." Well, tee hee all you want. You have a right to post it. But it just leads me to continue to draw the conclusion that you have very little of content to read in your posts, and I shouldn't even bother. Not even when they are of a subject I'm interested in such as Bunny Berigan.

Aside: Why is this "the best thread ever"?

Ditto for why I won't mention what I think of Chris's statement about Condoleza and to tell you the truth I hadn't even known he made that statement.

As usual, "berigan" has taken things out of context and twisted them to suit his own agenda.

I have referred to Rice as Condosleaza (or something like that), a long time ago, and I believe I once suggested that she was prostituting herself--i.e. by going along with a program that clearly does not have in mind the interest of black people. That is not the same as calling someone a prostitute, at least not in the usual sense of the term.

Berigan,

Your two most recent posts remind me of the rantings of my son (and he is twelve) when he can't get his way. In the heat of the moment, I've composed a few posts out of anger but after rereading them decided not to send them. You probably need to get a bit of that reflective nature.

I find it utterly amazing and humorous that a bunch of grown men can have such a hissy fit and start arguing over whether or not the picture is offensive or should be someone’s signature. Goodness, gracious, politics was even pulled into it.

As a woman I could get extremely offended at the numerous pictures that are posted of women. Those pictures show a lot more skin and the poses can be particularly seductive. I choose a long time ago to take the view of the pictures that boys will be boys.

Enough of the mommy lecture, everybody wish me a Happy Mother’s Day now. :g

P.S. Could the woman in the photo possibly be "Betty White"

This thread is a reall hooter, er....hoot, uh............never mind....

Seriously, I'm glad I've kept abreast of it and that nobody's made too big a boob of themselves. That would be a misfortune of mammarial, excuse me...MAMMOTH proportions, since it seems that some people, like fish, can be hooked by just a little nipple, excuse me, NIBBLE. It would serve all of us well to wean ourselves from this tendency and enjoy the teat, DAMMIT, TREAT of bemusedly mature aloofness shown by Mme. Sherri (dammit Shane, you better do right by her! ;) ).

This thread is a reall hooter, er....hoot, uh............never mind....

Seriously, I'm glad I've kept abreast of it and that nobody's made too big a boob of themselves. That would be a misfortune of mammarial, excuse me...MAMMOTH proportions, since it seems that some people, like fish, can be hooked by just a little nipple, excuse me, NIBBLE. It would serve all of us well to wean ourselves from this tendency and enjoy the teat, DAMMIT, TREAT of bemusedly mature aloofness shown by Mme. Sherri (dammit Shane, you better do right by her! ;) ).

Thank you JACK, I really need something to laugh at and get OFF on when I got home from work. Shane does do very right by me in more ways than one. (That is a refrence to Mammoth proportions). :excited:

Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes.

I find it utterly amazing and humorous that a bunch of grown men can have such a hissy fit and start arguing over whether or not the picture is offensive or should be someone’s signature. Goodness, gracious, politics was even pulled into it.

As a woman I could get extremely offended at the numerous pictures that are posted of women. Those pictures show a lot more skin and the poses can be particularly seductive. I choose a long time ago to take the view of the pictures that boys will be boys.

Enough of the mommy lecture, everybody wish me a Happy Mother’s Day now. :g

Gosh, a real live woman is on this board? Not one of those "Men with women's names" folks like Fran, Bev, and Mary McGoon? :o

If I had only known, I thought this board was all male. Sorry ma'am!

Let me the first to wish you a belated Happy Mother's day! :)

I don't hold a grudge forever, far from it. I could be one of the most accepting persons and forgiving persons you may encounter. I'm just calling your spades spades. For your information, I choose NOT to discuss Michael Moore's statement with you because your attitude and your postings about this and other things would be childish and violent. Ditto for why I won't mention what I think of Chris's statement about Condoleza and to tell you the truth I hadn't even known he made that statement. .....

I don't know Lon, other liberals here seem to allow me to have views other than their own, and converse with me...

And thinking I will act violently if you did comment on Michael Moore..I think you are thinking of Greg....If you had once said how you felt about his remarks (Something Like, I felt they were in poor taste but he has the right to say what he said) is not going to make me call you names. I would still say he was an insensitive bastard for saying them, but that would have been it.

I was called all sorts of names at the other board for posting Ann Coulter articles(Hmmm, wonder if she has written anything of interest of late) And I (And others) sure give Johnny hell for posting anything about/by Moore...shit happens. We both can take it.....

I do however expect folks who say I am too crude/childish, to call others on it, even if they agree with their political views....Jazzmoose beats the crap out of lefties and righties all the time....we are all scared of him! :ph34r:

Ditto for why I won't mention what I think of Chris's statement about Condoleza and to tell you the truth I hadn't even known he made that statement.

As usual, "berigan" has taken things out of context and twisted them to suit his own agenda.

I have referred to Rice as Condosleaza (or something like that), a long time ago, and I believe I once suggested that she was prostituting herself--i.e. by going along with a program that clearly does not have in mind the interest of black people. That is not the same as calling someone a prostitute, at least not in the usual sense of the term.

Chris said....If it means whore, Baraka is absolutely right.

Bunny boy, I'm not a liberal. I'm just not dazzled, bought and seduced by the near-sighted wrong-headedness of this administration.

In my book, you're a schoolyard wannabe Greg as far as the way you talk to persons. It exhibits verbal violence, poor manners, and a bullying tendency. I'll never say that is okay.

So keep up. When you get to high school, you might get your comeuppance.

Enough of the mommy lecture, everybody wish me a Happy Mother’s Day now.  :g

Gosh, a real live woman is on this board? Not one of those "Men with women's names" folks like Fran, Bev, and Mary McGoon? :o

If I had only known, I thought this board was all male. Sorry ma'am!

Let me the first to wish you a belated Happy Mother's day! :)

Yes, I'm a real live woman. In some corners of the world I'm also known as Mrs. kartoffel·hadi blues.

No need to apologize, like I said boys will be boys.

Thank you for the belated Mother's Day greeting.

Good Evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to "When Bad Memories Get Worse, Should Somebody Be Hospitalized?" Tonight's Episode: How To Lose Friends & Alienate Customers In One Easy Step.

Shawn & Shelley, you DO have names, and they aren't Shane & Sherri (unless y'all get into stuff like that sometimes...). Apologies of the highest possible magnitude for my gaffe.

As for the Mothers Day wishes, I was totally unaware that there were little kartoffel·hadi blues afoot, so I assumed, with the same misfiring-on-all-cylnders logic that gave you guys new names (hey, don't knock it - new names, a wig or two - not necessarily an Eva Gabor, but why stint on quality? - , a cheap suit, and a hotel room can make for all the fun the law allows...) that there was some dry wit afoot.

Sincerest & warmest (and, alas, most belated) Happy Mothers Day wishes to you.

(And Happy Muthas Day to the rest y'all!)