AAJ

Soul Stream

It's a fine line and a highly subjective one as to what constitutes spam but I havent' seen any here or at AAJ . As a listener I really appreciate knowing about releases from board members. There are heeps of new and reissued music out there so it's great to have music that you can connect to if only because you feel you "know" the muscicians through their posts.

It would be of great regret if people like Brian P, Trumpet Guy, Organissimo, Jim or Chuck were not able to give their releases the minor plugs that they do. Back in the BNBB there was some real spamming by some idiot who thought it clever to post the same message repeatedly in loads of fora.

long live spam-lite as it were

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, I never received your message. It was either (a) accidentally deleted on my desktop or (B) blocked at the server level.

Totally understandable, especially in light of what must have been the near (or total!) chaos in the wake of The Great Blue Note Bulletin Board Diaspora. ;)

No hard feelings at all. Thanks for listening, and keep up the good work. :tup

...it seems strange that musicians can't post about their gigs at a site that calls itself "All About Jazz". Gigs are our bread and butter. We certainly aren't making any money off CDs! I don't have a day job, nor does Randy. This is how we make our living. Seems like we should be able to post about our gigs on a JAZZ bulletin board so fellow jazz listeners know what's up.

~B3er~

Mike (xricci),

Like JSangry, I too don't want to drag this issue out any further, but you have yet to explain why, or better yet apologize for censoring my post in AAJ.

Mike (xricci), 

Like JSangry, I too don't want to drag this issue out any further, but you have yet to explain why, or better yet apologize for censoring my post in AAJ.

Randy,

AAJ is Mike Ricci's board and in my opinion he can do what he likes with it, whether you and I agree / like it or not.

Edited by J.A.W.

Mike (xricci), 

Randy,

AAJ is Mike Ricci's board and in my opinion he can do what he likes with it, whether you and I agree / like it or not.

You're right about that. It is after all, Mike Ricci's board...I guess I've said enough already, end of subject.. :w

Thanks Jim and have a great weekend.. :)

Edited by randissimo

Cool! In that vein, my latest project is getting that damned oak limb that I cut off (before it grew into the dining room window!) cut up and in the yard waste can before the end of summer. Limited edition photographs will be available, signed by myself and Mrs. Moose, and audio recordings of my chainsaw will be available for those of you who fondly remember the Plasmatics. I will not, however, be selling photos of myself with the chainsaw while wearing bandaids on my nipples. Hey, nostalgia is one thing, but.... :P

Jim? That was J.A.W. I'm the one who made a polite-yet-non-committal reply to Mike. ;)

Btw, I'd like to see an explanation too, but the lack of one might BE one, if you get my drift...

Sorry JSangry... What was I thinkin'?

By the way, I would love to hear your music.... I have for a long time been interested in the more creative and experimental expressions of music, I've been in a few projects over the years improvising not only on the 3 basic musical elements of melody, harmony, and rhythm, but also the equally interesting elements of color, texture, density, velocity, as well as a varied range of dynamics.

Until recently, I had an experimental ensemble we called the "Flagrant Disregard". It was put together through a need to venture outside of the conventional songform approach, to a freer format based off of a sketch or concept that would allow us individually and collectively, to creatively explore and without conventional rules, new places, often resulting in exciting adventures sometimes with humor, and always resulting in great delight! Our philosophy was basically that there was no wrong note or sound...

The band was inspired by Sun Ra, Art Ensemble, Frank Zappa, Lounge Lizards, Vinny Golia, early Weather Report, Capt. Beefheart, Bitche's Brew, with just a dash of Spike Jones... :g

One night we had 8 warbling sax players in a semi-circle while I recited Capt. Beefheart's "Old Fart At Play," in a Reagan mask with a tie died shirt on that read, "No Commercial Potential".. It was at a brew pub in Kalamazoo and the college kids loved it!

Do you have a website where I can hear some of your music?

Hey Jim!! - speaking of trades...

How about an obscenely obscure Tyrone Washington LP (that usually goes for over $50 on eBay, sometimes ever over $100!!), for a "Live At The Meathouse" CD??

Now there's an idea!!! :P:P:P (hint, hint, hint... ;) )

(I've been on a self-imposed "music-buying-freeze" since December, and I'm jonesin' fer some new tunes!!)